Socialism isn't patriotic, Mr. Biden

This morning on ABC's "Good Morning America," Sen. Joe Biden confidently asserted that the wealthiest Americans need to pay more taxes, and not only that, but that doing so is PATRIOTIC. They already shoulder a significant portion of the nation's tax burden, yet Obama and company are demanding more. Why do they plan to introduce more capital gains taxes, windfall profit taxes, and many others? Well, quite simply, to redistribute the wealth.

A few weeks ago, Obama said "For decades, we've seen ... tax cuts that favor wealth, not work. And for decades, we've seen the gaps in wealth in this country grow wider, while the costs to working people are greater." That quote is insulting. Who does he think these wealthy people are? A bunch of lazy bums laying around watching Oprah or The View? Does he honestly mean to say that wealthy people don't work hard? The truth is, wealthy people are working people, and some of the hardest working people at that.

Add this to Obama's quote in June. "Globalization and technology and automation all weaken the position of workers," he said, "and a strong government hand is needed to assure that wealth is distributed more equitably." No, that's not from the Manifesto, it's from the Wall Street Journal.

For Biden to go on Good Morning America and tell the country that the wealthy deserve to pay more and that it's patriotic is ridiculous. He said, "We want to take money and put it back in the pocket of middle-class people." Addressing America's wealthy, he lectured, "It's time to be patriotic." That's socialism, Joe; not patriotism. "We want to take ... and put it back..." Obama's contrived class warfare and socialist economic policy is extremely dangerous, but I guess we shouldn't expect any less from a man who, in his younger days, admits to flocking to "the Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets."

Wake up America.