Police Report: 1/29/09

Vandalism

Jan. 20, 4 p.m. -- Two drink machines owned by Coca Cola were damaged in the Intramural Fields. The tops of the machines were dented as if they had been kicked in. The damage was estimated at $100 each.

Jan. 23, 8:45 a.m. -- A window in Moore Hall was found hanging on its hinges with the screen pushed in. The damage was estimated at $75.

Jan. 25, 2:24 p.m. -- Both side mirrors on a law student's white Dodge Caliber were smashed in the Special Events Lot. The damage was estimated at $700.

Jan. 25, 8:44 p.m. -- A bathroom sink in Thomas Hall was ripped off the wall. The damage was estimated at $5.

Harassing Communication

Jan. 22, 9:37 a.m. -- A harassing phone call was made to the University of Richmond Police Department in the Special Programs building.

Theft

Jan. 22, 3:40 p.m. -- A university-owned black IBM laptop, valued at $1,500, was taken from the Gottwald Science Center. University police can track the ISP address if the Internet is connected on the Richmond network. So far, police officers have not tracked the address.

Jan. 25, 1:57 p.m. -- Richmond College students in the 2100 block of the University Forest Apartments reported a $300 Casio digital camera and $200 in cash stolen after they had a party on Jan. 23.

Aggravated Assault

Jan. 25, 2:13 a.m. -- An RC student was hit in the mouth in Fraternity Row. He does not know who hit him, and he does not want to prosecute, university police said.