Police Report: 2/19/09

Drug/Narcotic Equipment Violation

Feb. 10, 6:54 p.m. -- Two students, one Westhampton College and one Richmond College, were arrested for possession of marijuana on RC grounds between the Millhiser Green and the Weinstein Center for Recreation and Wellness.

Theft

Feb. 11, 12 p.m. -- One pair of Guess blue jeans valued at $50 and one pair of Big Star blue jeans valued at $35 were stolen from the laundry room in Lora Robins Court. The jeans belonged to a WC student.

Feb. 15, 3:38 p.m. -- An IBM desktop CPU valued at $300, two Gateway monitors valued at $300, computer cables and a keyboard valued at $20 each and three desk lamps valued at $60 were stolen from a lounge in Marsh Hall. All of the items belonged to the university.

Vandalism

Feb. 12, 3:39 p.m. -- A staff member's Toyota was scratched in the Heilman Dining Center parking lot. The passenger-side was scratched. The damage was estimated at $200.

Feb. 12, 9:40 p.m. -- An RC student was referred to the dean for smashing a sliding glass door and damaging a plaster wall in a WC student apartment in the 1,000 block of the University Forest Apartments. No charges were pressed.

Feb. 13, 1:17 p.m. -- Someone "leap-frogged" over three cars in X-lot, university police said. Footprints were found on a Volvo, a gray Honda and a blue Honda. The sunroof on the Volvo was smashed. The damage on the Volvo was estimated at $800, $100 for the gray Honda and $400 for the blue Honda.

Feb. 13, 4:01 p.m. -- The passenger-side door and rear panel of a Honda that belonged to a WC student were scratched in C Pines-lot. The damage is estimated at $400.

Feb. 14, 11:56 a.m. -- Obscene words were written on windows and a wall outside a basement-level room in South Court with a permanent marker. The damage was estimated at $75. The marker will be wiped off.

Feb. 14, 10:54 p.m. -- An RC student was referred to the dean for smashing a glass window with his fist. The window was on the front of an RC student apartment in the 1200 block of the apartments. The damage was estimated at $50.

Feb. 15, 6:57 p.m. -- The windshield of an RC student's Dodge Caravan was damaged in the 900 block of the apartments. The damage was estimated at $300.

Illness/Liquor Law Violation/Violation of University Policy

Feb. 13, 1:18 a.m. -- An RC student was taken from Marsh Hall to St. Mary's Hospital for an alcohol-related illness. He was referred to the dean for underage drinking.

Feb. 13, 11:56 p.m. -- A female not associated with the university was arrested on summons for underage possession by consumption at the Sigma Chi fraternity house on Fraternity Row. Arrested on summons means she was not taken to jail, but will have to appear in court on an appointed date. Underage possession by consumption means she did not have alcohol in her hand, but it was evident by her behavior that she had consumed alcohol.

Feb. 15, 1:47 a.m. -- An ambulance was called for a WC student at the 1400 block of the apartments for an alcohol-related illness, but she refused treatment. She was not underage, but was referred to the dean because of the illness.

Burglary

Feb. 13, 3:44 a.m. -- The back door of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity lodge at 24C Fraternity Row was kicked in. The police have not yet been notified if anything was missing.

Larceny

Feb. 14, 2 p.m. -- A WC student's contact lenses she had ordered were stolen. She discovered they were missing when she picked up the box they were sent in at the Post Office. The box was open and the contacts were missing. The contacts were valued at $116.