Police Report: 3/05/09

Assault

Feb. 25, 3:19 p.m. -- A University of Richmond police officer was assaulted while serving a summons to a woman off campus in the City of Richmond. The woman, who is unaffiliated with the university, was arrested.

Hit and Run

Feb. 26, 9:14 a.m. -- The passenger-side door of a university-owned facilities truck was scratched somewhere on campus between Feb. 24 at 8 a.m. and Feb. 25 at 4 p.m. The damage was estimated at $500.

Liquor Law Violation

Feb. 28, 2:47 a.m. -- A Richmond College student was referred to the dean for underage drinking on the Westhampton Lake path.

Theft

Feb. 27, 3:45 p.m. -- A Westhampton College student's MacBook, valued at $2,000, was stolen from a lounge in Lora Robins Court.

Vandalism/Harassing Communication

Feb. 28, 2:23 a.m. -- A harassing note was written in permanent marker on a WC student's door in Lakeview. The damage was estimated at $50.

Vandalism

Feb. 26, 11:48 a.m. -- An RC student kicked in the glass pane in the back door of a University Forest Apartment in the 1200 block. The frame was also damaged. RC students live in the apartment. The damage was estimated at $410.

Feb. 28, 3:48 a.m. -- People, the floor and the door of Keller Hall reception room were covered in pancake batter and champagne during an event. The damage to the door was estimated at $50 and the damage to the carpet was estimated at $300. The suspects are unknown.

Feb. 28, 6:32 a.m. -- The North Court administration building was written on with blue and green permanent marker. The damage was estimated at $100.

March 1, 6:52 p.m. -- An RC student left his coat, gloves and hat in a lounge in South Court. When he returned to retrieve the items, his gloves, valued at $5, and his hat, valued at $9, were missing. He also discovered that the buttons were missing from his coat. The damage to the coat was estimated at $30. He also discovered cigarettes and a multi-colored smoking device that he said did not belong to him.

March 1, 11:46 p.m. -- A snowball broke a WC student's window in Moore Hall. The damage was estimated at $50.

March 2, 12:03 p.m. -- An RC student's scooter fell or was pushed down a hill near Gray Court. Both side-view mirrors broke off the scooter in the fall. The damage was estimated at $150 all together.

March 2, 3:03 p.m. -- The passenger-side mirror of the Safety Shuttle was found cracked in the Special Programs parking lot. The damage was estimated at $100.

Vandalism/Theft

March 3, 2:59 a.m. -- The glass on the front of a vending machine in Dennis Hall was smashed and several items were stolen. The damage to the vending machine was estimated at $500. The stolen items were valued at $300.