Police Report: 8/27/09

Simple Assault

May 4, 1:10 p.m. A male staff member was accused of pushing another male staff member out of his chair in Heilman Dining Center. There were no injuries.

June 27, 1:35 a.m. A female not associated with the university had a verbal argument with another female not associated with the university in the 700 block of the University Forest Apartments. Neither girls was associated with the university.

July 1, 10:30 a.m. A female juvenile was accused of hitting another female juvenile in the Tyler Haynes Commons. One female's eyeglasses were broken.

Theft

May 16, 7:12 p.m. A digital camera and an iPod were stolen from the 1400 block of the apartments. The camera's and iPod's values were estimated at $600 total.

May 28, 2:15 p.m. A suitcase and a wooden tray table were stolen from North Court. The suitcase's and table's values were estimated at $55 total.

June 10, 9:39 p.m. An IBM computer mouse was stolen from a computer lab in Gottwald Center for the Sciences. The mouse's value was estimated at $20.

June 25, 1:49 p.m. A piece of jewelry belonging to a law student was stolen from Boatright Memorial Library after the student took the jewelry off and left the building. The jewelry's value was estimated at $1,000.

July 2, 5:18 p.m. A black IBM laptop was stolen from a computer lab in a Westhampton College building. The laptop's value was estimated at $400.

July 5, 3:57 p.m. A 2002 Toyota Prius belonging to a law student was stolen from the Special Events lot. The car was later found in C Pines lot.

Vandalism

May 6, 9:42 a.m. A window was broken in the 700 block of the apartments. The damage was estimated at $100.

May 10, 7:33 a.m. A window was broken in the laundry room of 2100 block of the apartments. The damage was estimated at $100.

May 10, 9:46 a.m. The sliding-glass back door of an apartment was shattered in the 1700 block of the apartments. The damage was estimated at $400.

May 24, 9:37 a.m. A window was broken in Lora Robins Court. The damage was estimated at $100.

June 12, 3:12 p.m. A pool table was scratched in the game room of the Weinstein Center for Recreation and Wellness. The damage was estimated at $1,000.

July 13, 1:52 p.m. A bathroom sink was damaged in Thomas Hall. The damage was estimated at $300.

Hit and Run

June 16, 10:59 a.m. The driver's-side rear quarter panel of a vehicle belonging to a person not affiliated with the university was scratched in X-lot. The damage was estimated at $100.

June 17, 8:54 a.m. The trunk and rear light of a Ford Crown Victoria belonging to the City of Virginia Beach was damaged in K-lot. The damage was estimated at $1,500.

July 1, 12:30 p.m. The driver's-side rear quarter panel of a vehicle belonging to a staff member was scratched in the Special Programs Building lot. The damage was estimated at $100.

July 2, 4:03 p.m. The front-passenger fender of a vehicle belonging to a person not affiliated with the university was dented in X-lot. The damage was estimated at $500.

Larceny

May 2, 11:16 p.m. Dress shirts belonging to a Richmond College student were stolen from the laundry room in South Court. The shirts' values were estimated at $250.

May 11, 6:47 a.m. The signs for Richmond Way and Lakeview Hall were stolen on the Richmond College side of campus. The signs' values were estimated at $150 total.

June 8, 12:10 p.m. A 2007 Jamis Dakar mountain bike was stolen in the 800 block of the apartments. The bike's value was estimated at $1,000.

June 15, 6:40 a.m. A wallet containing debit cards belonging to a staff member was stolen from D-Hall. The wallet's value was estimated at $125.

Disorderly Conduct

May 8, 3:53 p.m. An RC student was referred to the Dean after yelling at a WC student in X-lot.

May 24, 2:47 p.m. While a youth basketball team was leaving the wellness center, two men not associated with the university argued in X-lot and a basketball was stolen. The basketball's value was estimated at $25.

June 14, 3:28 a.m. An RC student was referred to the dean after arguing with a Westhampton College student.

Harrassing Communication

May 5, 2:23 p.m. A staff member received multiple e-mails and the sender also hacked into the staff member's account to send more emails.

Burglary/Breaking and Entering

May 8, 2:20 p.m. A flat-panel TV, Xbox game console and controllers, and neckties were stolen from an RC college student's room in Wood Hall. The total value was estimated to be between $1,300 and $1,400.

June 3, 5:18 p.m. Popsicles were stolen from an apartment in the 200 block of the apartments. The popsicles' value were estimated at $5 total.

Liquor Law Violation

May 2, 11:26 p.m. An RC student was referred to the dean for underage possession of alcohol in front of the library.

Driving Under the Influence

June 15, 6:40 a.m. A person not affiliated with the university was arrested on a charge of drunken driving on Westhampton Way.