Police Report: 9/17/09

Liquor Law Violation/Illness

Sept. 11, 11:46 p.m. A Westhampton College student was taken from Fraternity Row to St. Mary's Hospital for an alcohol-related illness. She was referred to the dean for drinking underage.

Sept. 12, 12:08 a.m. A WC student was taken from in front of Lora Robins Court to St. Mary's Hospital for an alcohol-related illness. She was referred to the dean for drinking underage.

Sept. 12, 4:22 a.m. A Richmond College student was treated for an alcohol-related illness in Dennis Hall. He was referred to the dean for drinking underage.

Liquor Law Violation

Sept. 12, 12:35 a.m. An RC student was referred to the dean for drinking underage in the 700 block of the University Forest Apartments.

Sept. 12, 4:41 p.m. An underage RC student was pulled over for speeding in J-lot and was found to have beer. He was issued a summons to appear in court for speeding and was referred to the dean for underage possession of alcohol.

Sept. 12, 10:45 p.m. A WC student was referred to the dean for drinking underage at the Row.

Sept. 12, 11:19 p.m. An RC student and WC student were referred to the dean for drinking underage at the Row.

Sept. 12, 11:53 p.m. A WC student was referred to the dean for drinking underage at the Row.

Sept. 12, 11:58 p.m. An RC student and a WC student were referred to the dean for drinking underage at the Row.

Sept. 13, 12:12 a.m. An RC student was arrested and issued a summons to appear in court for possession of alcohol by consumption at the Row. He was referred to the dean for drinking underage.

Sept. 13, 12:27 a.m. A WC student was referred to the dean for drinking underage at the Row.

Sept. 13, 3:55 a.m. An RC student was referred to the dean for drinking underage in the 400 block of the apartments.

Drunkenness

Sept. 12, 12:55 a.m. An RC student was arrested and taken to Richmond City Jail for being drunk in public in W-lot. He was referred to the dean for drinking underage.

Drug Equipment Violation

Sept. 11, 2:39 p.m. A glass smoking device was found in the 500 block of the apartments after police responded to a call from the dean's office.

Vandalism

Sept. 8, 5:19 p.m. The driver's-side mirror of a WC student's 2002 Ford was broken and hanging off the vehicle in the 1700 block of the apartments. The damage was estimated at $250.

Sept. 10, 2:26 p.m. The passenger-side front door of a female student's Volkswagen Jetta was damaged in J-lot. The damage was estimated at $100.

Sept. 11, 10:48 p.m. The passenger-side mirror of a WC student's car was broken off in R-lot. The damage was estimated at $150.

Sept. 12, 1:15 p.m. A bench was damaged when someone attempted to drive away in a golf cart that was chained to a bench. The bench's value was estimated at $800.

Sept. 13, 3:33 a.m. Concrete flower pots were ripped from the ground in front of Gray Court and rolled down the hill. The damage was estimated at $750.

Sept. 13, 3 a.m. A blue recycling bin was emptied onto a black Volvo belonging to an RC student in the 1700 block of the apartments. The paint on the car was scratched and the damage was estimated at $600.

Sept. 13, 8:59 a.m. A Green Bike from the Green Bike program was found in the trunk of an unlocked car in the 1700 block of the apartments. The handle bars were twisted and the bike was dented. The damage was estimated at $250.

Sept. 13, 9:52 a.m. A porch post in the 1500 block of the apartments was knocked down. The damage was estimated at $80. The post will be replaced by University Facilities.

Sept. 13, 9:05 a.m. A Green Bike was found in the Westhampton Lake. The handlebars were twisted and a pedal was missing. The damage was estimated at $250.

Sept. 13, 9:57 a.m. Four rod-iron stair railings leading to the 200 block of the apartments were bent. They will be replaced and their value was estimated at $700.

Theft

Sept. 8, 10:11 a.m. A meter belonging to a staff member was taken from the basement of the Heilman Dining Center. The meter's value was estimated at $232.

Larceny

Sept. 8, 5:19 p.m. A specialized mountain bike belonging to an RC student was stolen from in front of Lakeview. It was later found in the bushes. The bike's value was estimated at $300.

Sept. 9, 2:26 p.m. Wood letters spelling "AKA," each 6 feet tall, were stolen from the hill in front of Boatwright Memorial Library. The letters were estimated at $50.

Sept. 13, 12:49 p.m. A chair, canopy and table belonging to a WC student were stolen from the 900 block of the apartments. The patio furniture was later found in the 1100 block of the apartments and it's value was estimated at $330. The students who stole the furniture were referred to the dean.

Motor Vehicle Theft

Sept. 13, 12:21 a.m. A golf cart belonging to an RC student was taken from the 100 block of the apartments. It was later returned.