Police Report: 1/28/10

Drug/Narcotic Violation

Dec. 10, 5:10 p.m. Two Richmond College students were arrested in Gray Court for a drug/narcotic violation. One RC student was charged with three counts of possession of a controlled substance and one count of sale and distribution. The other RC student was charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance.

Burglary

Jan. 19, 5:02 p.m. Cash, in the amount of $3,000, was stolen from a Westhampton College student in Freeman Hall. A WC student was arrested and charged with petit larceny.

Jan. 21, 3:48 p.m. A decorative black-and-white wall fixture of a star and crescent, valued at $100, and a red plywood Sigma sign, valued at $15, were stolen from the Kappa Sigma lodge.

Vandalism

Jan. 20, 3:59 p.m. A padlock for the ropes course on the Intramural Fields was broken. The padlock's value was estimated at $10.

Jan. 22, 3:30 p.m. A stone driveway pillar was knocked over on Old Mill Road. The damage was estimated at $150.

Shoplifting

Jan. 21, 2:02 p.m. Two WC students were arrested for petit larceny in the university bookstore. A court date has been set. One WC student stole three textbooks totaling $68. The other WC student stole three textbooks totaling $105.

Theft

Jan. 22, 4:53 p.m. Five keys on a key ring, valued at $25, were stolen from the Jepson Alumni Center.

Hit and Run

Jan. 23, 5:42 p.m. A WC student's rear bumper on her white BMW was dented in W-lot. The damage was estimated at $1,500.

Larceny

Jan. 24, 2:35 p.m. A green mountain bike, valued at $100, was stolen from a WC student in the 800 block of the University Forest Apartments. The bike was later recovered.

Theft from a Motor Vehicle

Jan. 24, 12:05 p.m. A WC student's California license plate, valued at $25, was stolen from the 2100 block of the apartments.

Jan. 24, 2:20 p.m. A WC student's rear Minnesota license plate was stolen from the 2100 block of the apartments. The license plate's value was estimated at $20.

Jan. 26, 11:28 a.m. An RC student's Alabama license plate, valued at $25, was stolen from R-lot.

Arson

Jan. 24, 12:35 p.m. A rug, bulletin board and piece of paper were found burnt in Wood Hall. The damage was estimated at $20 for the rug and $30 for the bulletin board.