Police Report: 08/26/10

Hit and Run

Apr. 16, 8:30 a.m. The front fender of a Westhampton College student's Ford Fusion was damaged in J-lot. The damage was estimated at $500.

May 5, 1:56 p.m. A university staff member reported damage to the left rear bumper of their GMC Envoy at the Physical Plant. The damage was estimated at $1,000.

June 10, 1:44 p.m. The rear driver side bumper of a WC student's Hyundai Tucson was damaged in C-lot. The damage was estimated at $200.

June 21, 8:00 p.m. A university staff member's Chrysler 300 was damaged in front of the Heilman Dining Center. The damage was estimated at $1,500.

July 13, 7:10 p.m. The rear passenger's side door of a Lexus of a person not affiliated with the university was damaged in X-lot. The damage was estimated at $1,200.

Vandalism

Apr. 21, 8:26 a.m. Electrical wire was cut at UR Stadium. The damage was estimated at $10,000.

Apr. 22, 6:42 a.m. Two bulletin boards, valued at $40, were damaged in Moore Hall.

Apr. 23, 9:16 a.m. A restroom divider, valued at $50, and a paper towel dispenser, valued at $25, were broken in a bathroom in the Tyler Haynes Commons.

Apr. 28, 7:54 p.m. A maroon and tan directional sign in the 500 block of the University Forest Apartments was spray painted. The damage was estimated at $25.

Apr. 30, 8:11 a.m. A dogwood tree, valued at $300, was snapped in half on Wilton Way.

Apr. 30, 8:41 a.m. A wooden bench, valued at $700, was found floating in Westhampton Lake.

May 6, 9:08 a.m. The gas tank of a person not affiliated with the university was damaged in C-lot. The damage was estimated at $2,000.

May 30, 9:46 p.m. A wooden green pole, valued at $40, was damaged outside of Weinstein Hall.

June 6, 2:44 p.m. The body of a Chevy Tahoe belonging to a person not affiliated with the university was damaged by key scratches and obscenities in X-lot. The damage was estimated at $2,400.

July 12, 6:54 a.m. The passenger side window of a GMC bus was damaged in front of Fraternity Row. The damage was estimated at $200.

Theft

Apr. 21, 4:09 p.m. A Marc Jacobs wallet, valued at $175, credit cards and currency, valued at $40, were stolen from a WC student in the Modlin Center for the Arts.

Apr. 23, 9:17 a.m. Three exit signs, valued at $60 each, were stolen from Marsh Hall. An RC student was referred to the dean for the thefts.

Apr. 28, 7:46 p.m. An economics book, valued at $225, was stolen from a WC student in Boatwright Library.

May 3, 2:17 p.m. A WC student's Texas license plate was stolen from R-lot.

May 13, 10:15 a.m. $25.50 was stolen from the bag of a person not affiliated with the university in Wood Hall.

May 13, 4:43 p.m. Two diamond earrings, valued at $700, a wallet, valued at $50, Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses, valued at $200, credit and debit cards, and a license were stolen from a person not affiliated with the university at the Westhampton Deanery.

May 24, 3:16 p.m. A RC student's 32" Vizio Flat Screen TV, valued at $300, was stolen from the Atlantic House.

May 29, 6:17 p.m. A WC student's black iTouch, valued at $250, was stolen from the Weinstein Center for Recreation and Wellness.

June 29, 10:21 a.m. A university staff member's sterling silver bracelet, valued at $80, and charms, valued at $160, were stolen from Weinstein Hall.

July 12, 11:41 a.m. A university staff member's Seiko watch, valued at $250, was stolen from the Deanery.

July 13, 10:30 a.m. A chain saw, valued at $100, was stolen from the Visual Arts building.

Aug. 9, 1:28 p.m. Two Xbox hard-drives, valued at $200, and a wireless antenna, valued at $75, were stolen from the Commons.

Aug. 18, 1:16 a.m. A WC student's black wallet, valued at $10, debit and credit cards and various forms of identification were stolen from the 1900 block of the apartments.

Aug. 23, 2:56 p.m. A university staff member's Blackberry Tour cell phone, valued at $370, was stolen from the Robins Center.

Driving Under the Influence

Apr. 23 2:05 a.m. An RC student was arrested and charged with driving under the influence on Spider Lane. He was referred to the dean.

Harassing Communications

Apr. 27, 10:24 a.m. A Law School student reported receiving harassing electronic messages from a person not affiliated with the university.

Apr. 27, 12:17 a.m. A university faculty member reported receiving harassing phone calls.

May 3, 1:23 p.m. A university staff member reported receiving harassing e-mails and phone calls.

June 19, 3:56 p.m. A university staff member reported receiving harassing telephone calls.

Aug. 23, 1:42 p.m. A university staff member reported receiving harassing telephone calls.

Larceny

Apr. 27, 1:47 p.m. A black windscreen with a Spider logo, valued at $600, was stolen from the Westhampton tennis courts.

May 3, 12:46 p.m. Approximately 300 books from a book drive in the commons, valued at $3,000, were stolen from the Commons.

June 30, 8:12 p.m. An RC student's HTC Pro Touch 2 cell phone, valued at $250, was stolen from the 1500 block of the apartments.

July 9, 10:42 a.m. The bookstore reported receiving bad checks valued at $499.47.

Simple Assault

Apr. 27, 3:00 p.m. An RC student assaulted a WC student in South Court.

June 5, 3:06 a.m. An RC student assaulted another RC student in the 500 block of the apartments.

Drug/Narcotic Violation

May 2, 7:00 p.m. Two RC students were referred to the dean for a drug narcotic violation in Marsh Hall. One RC student was arrested for possession of marijuana.

Arson

May 9, 9:12 a.m. A mattress, valued at $200, was lit on fire in the 1500 block of the apartments.

Burglary

June 12, 4:15 a.m. Two RC students burglarized various fraternities on Fraternity Row. The students took plastic forks, valued at $3, a roll of toilet paper, valued at $1, charcoal lighter fluid, valued at $4, metal tongs, valued at $10, purple SAE cups, valued at $2, and KA metal letters, valued at $30.

July 21, 1:05 p.m. An apple computer mouse, valued at $70, was stolen from Ryland Hall.

Aug. 10, 8:57 a.m. A couch and two cushions, valued at $450, was stolen from the 1100 block of the apartments.

Drunkenness

June 13, 5:08 a.m. An RC student was arrested in front of the Dining Hall for public drunkenness.

June 26, 1:17 a.m. An RC student was arrested in the 1600 block of the apartments for public drunkenness.

Indecent Exposure

July 19, 4:30 p.m. A university staff member exposed themselves to another staff member in Lora Robins Court.

July 19, 4:31 p.m. A university staff member exposed themselves to another staff member in Gray Court.

False Police Report

Aug. 17, 1:15 a.m. A person not affiliated with the university filed a false police report.

Shoplifting

Aug. 12, 12:40 A person not affiliated with the university stole textbooks from the bookstore valued at $671. They were charged with two counts of grand larceny.

Liquor Law Violation

Aug. 21, 12:54 a.m. A WC student was referred to the dean for underage drinking in the 900 block of the apartments.

Aug. 22, 1:26 a.m. A WC student was referred to the dean for underage drinking in X-lot.

Aug. 23, 1:53 a.m. Two RC student's were referred to the dean for underage drinking in the Greek Theater.