University of Richmond police arrested two Richmond College freshmen on charges of vandalism for damages made to student cars during the early morning hours of Oct. 16, according to a message from UR Communications.

A Richmond city magistrate issued warrants for freshmen Christopher Bown and Robert Colby Bledsoe. Both students were arrested on Oct. 21 and were each charged with three misdemeanor counts of vandalism.

University police believe that the two freshmen are responsible for the $3,000 in damages made to 11 student vehicles in parking lot R-16, formerly known as K-lot, near the head of Westhampton Lake.

University of Richmond Capt. Beth Simonds expressed gratitude to the witnesses who disclosed valuable information regarding these crimes, which contributed to the success of the investigation.

"When people come forward, they are a tremendous help to the community and the police who work to protect them," Simonds said.

Simonds also told UR Communications that university police have "several good leads in the Labor Day weekend assaults," which may result in arrests.

University police continue to encourage anyone with information regarding these assaults, as well as other on-campus crimes, to contact the police.

All witnesses are encouraged to contact university police investigator Tim Mihalcoe at (804) 289-8543, or use the silent witness link: www.witness.richmond.edu. All silent witness users' identities will remain confidential.

Contact staff writer Fred Shaia at fred.shaia@richmond.edu

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Collegian.