Lack of recognition for Brady is appalling

First, I'd like to apologize to my fellow Giant fans. As much as I'd love to ramble for days about how they won the Super Bowl and what an amazing journey this season has been, there is a more pressing issue we need to deal with.

When his last second Hail Mary attempt hit the end zone turf of Lucas Oil Stadium, Tom Brady watched his last chance at winning Super Bowl XLVI disappear. This sparked a debate among many analysts surrounding the NFL. The question on everyone's tongue was, how does this affect Tom Brady's legacy?

Some said it showed he couldn't get it done in the fourth quarter like he used to. Some said he needed more help. Some people said this knocked him out of the discussion of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. To those people I ask, are you kidding?

This guy has been to the Super Bowl five times, winning three of them. Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana are the only quarterbacks who have won more. He has started the third most playoff games in the history of the NFL and is one win away from sole possession of the record for most career playoff victories. He set the single season record for touchdown passes in a season when he led the Patriots to an undefeated regular season and they set the record for most wins in a season with 18.

If statistics aren't enough for you consider this. As I said both Bradshaw and Montana have won four Super Bowls. The current knock against Brady is that neither of those guys ever lost a Super Bowl. But think about this: Bradshaw won Super Bowls IX, X, XIII and XIV. Although certainly impressive, Bradshaw's entire Super Bowl career can be summed up in six years. Montana won Super Bowls XVI, XIX, XXIII, and XIV. His can be summed up in eight years.

Tom Brady's has spanned from Super Bowl XXXVI all the way to Super Bowl XLVI, and he still isn't done yet. No other quarterback has sustained excellence for as long as Tom Brady has, not to mention in the middle of all of it he endured a horrific knee injury that almost threatened his career.

Another fact to consider is that Bradshaw was playing with Franco Harris and Lynn Swann, who are considered two of the best ever at their respective positions, and Montana was throwing to Jerry Rice, who some say is the best football player ever. Who has Tom Brady been playing with? Outside of the few seasons with Randy Moss and the recent emergence of Rob Gronkowski, who has he had in his corner?

Does anyone really think that Deion Branch and BenJarvus Green-Ellis are going to be hall of famers?

Does Tom Brady seem as invincible as he used to? Obviously not, but that does not mean that he is any less of a quarterback. He still has a chance to end up with more Super Bowl victories than any other quarterback in history. He practically got the Patriots there by himself this year. Imagine the potential if the Patriots give him a defense that isn't ranked 31st in yards allowed.

Don't make the mistake in thinking that I am not thrilled that the Giants have won their second Super Bowl in four years because I am. That being said, the current talk about Tom Brady not being worthy of consideration for the title of Greatest of All Time is a slap in the face. Tom Brady has dominated the NFL in a way that only a few other people have and when all is said and done I believe to my core that Tom Brady will be regarded as the greatest quarterback who ever lived.