Corp and others participate in Richmond's NFL Pro Day

The University of Richmond hosted its NFL Pro Day on Friday. Coaches from nine NFL teams watched six former Spiders practice in Robins Stadium.

The six players who participated in the Pro Day activities were Aaron Corp, Tremayne Graham, Tre Gray, Richard Muldrow, Michael Parker and Colin Pehanick.

In addition to the Richmond players, there were also four players from Liberty University and two players who were independently represented.

"We had a really good turnout of NFL coaches for our Pro Day this year," said Danny Rocco, Richmond's new head football coach.

The NFL teams represented at Pro Day were the Browns, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Redskins, Saints and Vikings.

The players were assessed in various drills, including the bench press, vertical jump, broad jump, 40-yard dash, shuttle run, long-shuttle and three-cone drill. They also ran through different positional workouts, including route-running and defensive drills.

Some of Richmond's top players said their Pro Days were accurate reflections of their abilities.

"I think it went well today," Gray said. "I didn't make any mistakes or drop any balls. Everything felt really well when I went through all of the drills."

Gray will spend the remaining time until the NFL draft training at his home in Texas. "Having Tre here for the Pro Day was good for both of us," Corp said. "I threw the ball well today, and well at the Combine, so I'm happy with that."

Corp said his knee was fully healed, and he was feeling as strong as ever after recovering from his season-ending injury during the 2010 season.

Graham was also out to prove himself after recovering from a partial tear in his patella that caused him to miss three games last season.

"Because I got injured, people wanted to see if I was mobile now," Graham said. "I proved myself and ran some good times today."

Graham will train at his home in Georgia until the NFL draft.

The 2012 NFL Draft will be held Thursday, April 26, through Saturday, April 28, in New York.

Contact reporter Ryann Dannelly at ryann.dannelly@richmond.edu and photographer Andrew Prezioso at andrew.prezioso@richmond.edu