Pig Roast essentials for ladies and gentlemen

Happy almost Pig Roast! It seems as if every conversation we've had this week revolves around the "percentage of rain" that the iPhone weather app is reporting. Either way, everyone is planning on dressing up, rain or shine, and celebrating all day long.

Here are some of my favorite outfits, accessories and all around essentials for a classy and preppy Pig Roast look.

Ladies first:

* A colorful, springy dress with a bold print or a classic silhouette is a great choice. The one pictured is from E's Closet online, but similar ones can be found in most boutiques in Richmond. This floppy sun hat is a fun look, too. If only it was going to be sunny.

* A tumbler, preferably monogrammed, is convenient and easy to carry around, such as this one from Marley Lilly online.

* Some simple jewelry -- this monogrammed necklace, a watch with a hot pink face, such as the one pictured from Michael Kors, pearl stud earrings and a bow bracelet -- are all easy, yet dressy. These simple details go perfectly with the bold floral print of the dress.

* Hopefully, it's FINALLY warm enough to pull out those Jack Rogers, which are comfortable and go with just about everything. But if it's actually pouring come this Saturday, maybe rain boots will have to do -- this way we can deal with the reality of muddy lodges and only take pictures from the knees up.

* In order to easily keep track of your accumulation of gum, lipstick, sunglasses, cellphone, Spidercard, etc., it is probably a good idea to carry a bag. You will be a lot less likely to lose it if you use one like this cross-body clutch from Benevolent Jewels, which you can wear easily on your shoulder.

Gentlemen:

* A button down shirt and pastel shorts/pants: it's that easy!

* You can't go wrong with sunglasses and croakies, even if the weather isn't nice, because come on, we wear sunglasses when it's cloudy out, too.

* A woven belt over any shorts or pants is a great look. It also serves functional purposes -- no sagging please.

* A baseball hat, such as this Southern Proper one in Nantucket red, is a good choice.

* Again, a plaid or gingham button-down is a no brainer.

* Some manly accessories include: this Vineyard Vines koozie, a Kiel James Patrick woven bracelet, and patterned bow ties -- brownie points if the bow ties are Richmond themed!

* Appropriate shoes would be boat shoes, such as these Sperrys, which are comfortable, easily washable and classic.

Hope this helps to finalize your last-minute outfit choices! Check out the links to these products on my blog www.amybelievesinpink.blogspot.com!