Robbery at Martin's on Three Chopt Road

Richmond police are searching for a suspect who allegedly robbed a man in the Village Shopping Center Wednesday afternoon, according to a police report.

At approximately 3 p.m., the suspect demanded money from a man who had just left a store in the 7000 block of Three Chopt Road. The victim said he had no cash, so the suspect demanded the victim go into Martin's and make a small purchase. The suspect followed the victim into the store and took the victim’s change after the transaction, according to the report.

The report did not mention the use of any weapon.

The robbery was captured on local surveillance cameras, according to the report.

Police described the suspect as a black male, 50-59 years of age, approximately 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing approximately 150 pounds. Detectives are asking anyone with information to call Detective Jack Leary at (804) 646-1647 or Crime Stoppers at (804) 780-1000.

Officers at the University of Richmond Police Department said they could not comment at this time.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Contact reporter Jack Nicholson at jack.nicholson@richmond.edu