In the Know: Former Google CFO comes to Richmond, Love & Information opens

In The Know is a weekly brief that highlights events and happenings around University of Richmond.

Former Google CFO to speak at Robins School of Business

Patrick Pichette, who served as chief financial officer at Google from 2008-2015, will give a talk Thursday at 6 p.m. in Ukrop Auditorium. He will speak about his time at Google, Google's remarkable growth while he was there and the company's culture, among other topics, according to a press release. Pichette previously worked at Bell Canada, Canada’s largest telecommunications firm.

Tony Award Winner Audra McDonald at Richmond CenterStage

Six-time Tony award winner, two-time Grammy award-winner and Emmy-nominee Audra McDonald returns to the stage on Thursday, Oct. 1at 7:30 p.m. at the Carpenter Theatre of Richmond CenterStage. McDonald will be performing favorite show tunes and original pieces written just for her. Grab your tickets online or at the Modlin Center Box Office.

Students Perform Award-Winning Play "Love & Information"

Make sure to check out Caryl Churchill's award-winning new play, "Love and Information," for free on Wednesday, Sept. 30 for the Invitational Dress Rehearsal at the Modlin Center. The cast features professional actors, Jeff Clevenger, Julie Fulcher, Durron Tyre (R '08) and student actors Vivian Barnes, Nikki Davis, Leanna Hicks, Sharon Lee, Sarah Murphy, Erin Piasecki, Kayla Solsbak, Sean Frye and Jacob Litt. Tickets are $5 for students and performances will take place at the Cousins Studio Theatre.

Regular performances:

Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.

Friday, Oct. 2, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 3, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.

Contact news assistant Mariam Eatedali at mariam.eatedali@richmond.edu.