Live blog: Richmond takes on Northern Iowa at home

The buzzer sounds and the Spiders hang on to win against Northern Iowa. The final score: UR 82, Northern Iowa 67. The Spiders won thanks to a huge game from behind the arc, connecting on 13-25 three-pointers. Terry Allen led all scorers with 21 points on very efficient shooting and the Spiders had five scorers in double figures.

1:19 -- Washpun makes a basket despite a foolish foul by Trey Davis. He misses the free throw, keeping it a 78-67 game in favor of the Spiders.

1:24 -- Cline gets fouled and makes both of his free throws to give himself 17 points.

2:32 -- Washpun fouls following a Richmond offensive rebound. The Spiders inbound with a 13-point lead and victory within reach.

3:53 -- Jesperson connects from deep to cut the Spider lead to 15. It would take a lot for the Panthers to mount a comeback this late with the current deficit.

4:39 -- The Spiders call for time as the teams continue to trade baskets. Cline just finished a layup off a nice assist from Jones on the Spiders' last possession. The Spiders lead 76-58,getting the better of the Panthers in a shootout thus far.

6:25 -- Nothern Iowa's Wes Washpun completes a three-point play to bring the Panthers back within 16.

7:49 -- The Robins Center is roaring after a thunderous, rim-rattling fast break dunk by Cline, which puts the Spiders up by 22, the highest margin of the game. Cline now has 10 points making him the Spiders' fifth double digit scorer compared to just one for UNI.

9:17 -- Trey Davis hits a contested three-pointer, making him the fifth Richmond player with multiple long-range makes on the game. The Spiders have connected on a scorching 12-23 from beyond the arc.

9:53 -- The teams continue to trade baskets, culminating with a T.J. Cline score from inside. Richmond leads Northern Iowa 62-43.

11:38 -- Allen extends the lead to 19 with his fourth three of the game in five attempts. He hasn't shot well from long range on the year, but he's certainly found the touch tonight with 17 points.

11:53 -- At the second media timeout, the Spiders lead 55-39, combining a good-enough defense with a great shooting performance to this point. Allen leads all scorers with 14 points, but Richmond has the next three highest scorers as well as Wood, Jones, and Taylor each have 10 points as well. No Panther has cracked double figure scoring yet.

13:40 -- Wood hits his second three-pointer for his 10th point, becoming the fourth Richmond scorer in double digits as well as the fourth Spider with multiple made threes in the game.

15:19 -- Media timeout as Trey Davis gets called for his third foul. Richmond leads 50-33 thanks to 12 points from Terry Allen and 10 apiece from Deion Taylor and Shawndre' Jones.

17:05 -- Wood joins the three-point barrage with his first of the game. The Spiders are shooting a very efficient 9-18 from long range and have a 17-point lead early in the second half.

18:58 -- Allen hits a corner three-pointer following a Richmond offensive rebound and Deion Taylor follows with one of his own after a stop. The Spiders lead 45-28, their largest of the game.

Allen drives but misses a wild layup and time expires before either team can come up with the rebound. The Spiders lead 39-28 at the half thanks to 56 percent shooting from the field and 6-13 shooting on their three-point attempts. They've allowed the Panthers to shoot it well, but have minimized second chance opportunities by outrebounding them 16-8 thus far. Shawndre' Jones leads all scorers with 10 points and Terry Allen is right behind him with nine of his own as well as four rebounds. Stay tuned to see if the Spiders can finish strong and close out UNI in the second half.

32.6 -- Wood drives and draws a foul, taking advantage of his opportunity and hitting both from the line.  The Spiders lead by 11 as Northern Iowa runs down the clock.

50.3 -- After a loose ball that the Panthers come up with, the Panthers' Ted Friedman gets fouled and misses both free throws. The Spiders have a chance to go two-for-one with a 37-28 lead.

3:20 -- The whistle blows for the last media timeout of the half after UNI's Jeremy Morgan swats Marshall Wood's three-point attempt in the first row. Wood shrugs it off and jogs over to the huddle with his Spiders nursing a 33-25 lead late in the first half.

5:01 -- Wes Washpun finds Bohannon for an open jumper. The Panthers have scored six unanswered points to make it a 30-23 game.

6:45 -- Allen hits a wide-open three following a Panthers score and the Spiders now lead 30-17. Allen has nine points as the first half begins to wind down.

7:31 -- Allen catches the ball in the post, takes a hard dribble and finishes through contact against a UNI defender. He drains the free throw to give Richmond a 12-point lead, its largest of the game.

7:42 -- Cline finishes with nice touch around the rim and the Spiders have hit on seven of their last nine field goals compared to just one of the last six for the Panthers. Richmond leads 24-15 and Shawndre' Jones leads all scorers with 10 points at the media timeout.

9:07 -- A three-pointer brings the Panthers within seven, but traveling violations on both teams result in Richmond possession.

9:58 -- T.J. Cline scores his first points of the game on a floater and after a quick stop, Trey Davis finishes a driving layup to extend the margin to double digits. The Spiders lead 22-12 and Northern Iowa brings the ball up.

12:01 -- Jones continues the Spiders' hot shooting, canning his second three. Richmond is now 4-8 from long range on the game and maintains an 18-12 lead.

13:45 -- After trading offensive fouls, the Panthers retain a jump ball and Jesperson hits a three, but Richmond's Terry Allen answers back with his own three at the other end. 15-10, Spiders lead.

15:00 -- UNI's Ted Friedman hits a shot from deep in the paint, but Deion Taylor has a strong take and finishes nicely with his left to keep the Spiders' lead at four points.

15:57 -- Coming out of the first media timeout, Jones hits two of three free throws after being fouled on a three-point attempt to extend Richmond's lead to 10-6.

16:30 -- UNI's Matt Bohannon drills his first three, but Deion Taylor hits one at the other end for Richmond. The Spiders lead 8-6 early on.

19:20 -- Shawndre' Jones hits a three-pointer, but Nothern Iowa's Paul Jersperson comes right back down the court with one of his own to tie the game at three.

Hello everybody! I'm Walter Abrams and I'll be providing live updates throughout today's game as Richmond basketball takes on Northern Iowa.  The Spiders look to continue their solid start against a tough Panthers team that defeated top-ranked North Carolina earlier this season.  We're about 10 minutes away from tipoff here at the Robins Center, so stay tuned for live updates and analysis!