Events to look forward to this spring semester

<p>The University Dancers rehearsing in fall 2015. <em>Photo by&nbsp;Catherine McTiernan</em></p>

The University Dancers rehearsing in fall 2015. Photo by Catherine McTiernan

Spring semester is in full swing and, as if you aren’t busy enough, there is a full schedule of amazing events lined up for this semester. So don’t forget to break out of Boatwright Memorial Library for a study break and check out some of these events!

1. University Dancers Annual Spring Concert: "Momentum"

This weekend (Friday, Feb. 26 through Sunday, Feb. 28) Richmond’s University Dancers will put on their annual spring show celebrating 31 years of dance. The dances are student choreographed with live music. Don't miss these talented dancers in a variety of works from the contemporary genre in a dance concert. 

The University Dancers rehearsing in fall 2015. | Photo by Catherine McTiernan

2. Sirens Spring A Cappella Concert

Richmond’s all-female a cappella group will hold their annual spring concert on Friday, March 25. The group just released an album, and is practicing a variety of news songs that they will debut at the concert!

The Sirens performing at a concert in spring 2015.

3. Spring into the City: Quirk Hotel and Gallery

On Saturday, March 5 from 5-7 p.m. Richmond is going on an excursion to one of the city’s newest hotels: Quirk Hotel! The historic building used to be a department store, but now houses a stylish, boutique hotel and restaurant. A shuttle service from the university will be provided. 

Quirk Hotel is located in the heart of downtown Richmond. | Photo by Caroline Utz 

4. Pig Roast

The much-anticipated Richmond tradition, Pig Roast, is fast approaching. So start getting your Lilly Pulitzer dresses ready for Saturday, April 2! There will be lodges, music and lots of fun!

Sasha Tory, Annie Bancroft and Jenny Vibert (left to right) at Pig Roast 2015. | Photo by Lauren Gill

5. RC in RVA: James River Excursion

To celebrate the 175th anniversary of Richmond College, the university is hosting an excursion on Monday, March 25 from 2-4 p.m. to explore the PipelineTrail that runs along the James River in downtown Richmond. Shuttle service will be provided by the university, but registration is required.

Contact The Buzz editor Lauren Gill at lauren.gill@richmond.edu.