New parking policy to be implemented in X-lot

Beginning on Sunday, March 13, X-lot will no longer be open to all registered student cars at all times.

On Mondays through Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., X-lot will exclusively be for those students with FX, X, C, G, U, Student Athlete and Recreation and Wellness permits. But after 3 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends, any registered student vehicles may park in X-lot, Natalia Green, director of parking services, wrote in an email.

In fall 2014 parking services opened X-lot to all registered vehicles so students across campus could drive to the Weinstein Center for Recreation and Wellness, Green wrote.

This change in that policy comes after X-lot has recently been reported full every day. Commuter students have been forced out of their parking near the Robins School of Business due to more events in the business school for community members, forcing them to park in X-lot, which is their other parking option.

In order to provide parking for commuter students in their assigned lot, the open-parking-lot policy will have to be rescinded and replaced with this new policy, Green wrote. 

Vehicles displaying other permits will be allowed to park in lot B5 located near the lodges, across from the Robins Center.

Contact Managing Editor Brooke Harty at brooke.harty@richmond.edu