Pig Roast is in just a few days. As one of Richmond's most famous and anticipated traditions, students have been planning for the event for weeks now. Here are some students' plans and expectations for the big day.

Lauren Gill | The Collegian

Erin Sorady, WC '19: "My best friend is coming to visit for Pig Roast. I am so excited to have her experience part of the Richmond tradition with me!"

via GIPHY

Kathleen Berkery, WC '19: "My Pig Roast will be a lot different from most people’s because of lacrosse. We don't get to participate in the events because we have practice at 10:30 and scout (film) at 12. Then we rest up and prepare for our game on Sunday."

via GIPHY

Ryan Joyce, RC '17: "This year for Pig Roast I plan to wake up early and meet up with friends before going to the lodge to enjoy some great barbecue. Then I plan on heading over to the lacrosse game to support the team when they're playing UVA ,which should be an unreal game. Everyone should go support them!"

via GIPHY

Amy Littleson, WC '17: "I'm so looking forward to this year's Pig Roast! There is nothing like waking up super early, getting all dolled up and celebrating and hanging out with your closest friends all day long outside. It's especially fun to visit with the alumni who come back and dancing to a live band all day long. It's always one of my favorite days of the year."

Elizabeth Dolan

John Lawrence, president of FIJI: "We are looking forward to opening our lodge up for the first time since recolonizing. We have a few special ideas that we hope will help bolster an already strong day of events."

Contact buzz writer Lucy Nalen at lucy.nalen@richmond.edu

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Collegian.