An ode to group projects

Some like them, most hate them.

We're all familiar with the feeling of dread when our professors announce a group project. A tragic future of frustration, awkward interactions and a grade out of our control lies ahead as the professor begins listing groups.  

via GIPHY

Once we can get over the initial dread of the group project, we hold on to the vague hope that the professor might have the dignity to let us choose our partners. 

via GIPHY

When she pulls out that list of groups, we know it's all over and we move on to the hope that we at least get paired with the smart people.

via GIPHY

Either you get lucky and have a group of competent people who do not want you to be involved in the project for fear that you will ruin all of their hard work...

(This is a good thing)

via GIPHY

Or the more likely scenario: you will be paired with all of the most incapable people not only in the class but in the entire university. 

via GIPHY

When the time comes to schedule group meetings, it proves to be harder than rocket science.

via GIPHY

When you start to work on the project, OCD tendencies kick in. 

via GIPHY

Finally, it's time to present. Whether you sat on your phone while your partners worked or you single-handedly produced the work of genius, you believe that a disproportionate amount of credit should be awarded to you. 

via GIPHY

Contact buzz writer Lucy Nalen at lucy.nalen@richmond.edu