The emotional roller coaster of being a freshman

Entering freshman year of college will be one of the most emotionally draining experiences of your young life.  

via GIPHY

Following your high school graduation you'll feel on top of the world.  College is a distant vision of a magical world that you've only seen on shows like Blue Mountain State and movies like Animal House. 

via GIPHY

August rolls around and college becomes more than a far-off fantasy. The nerves kick in.

via GIPHY

Arriving on campus for orientation is one of the most overwhelming feelings you will have experienced. It’s a time when you wish it was still normal to hold your mom’s hand…

via GIPHY

your parents leave and you have the dark and ominous realization that you've just been dropped in a strange place with no friends.

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

After pretending to be normal for long enough, you make your first friend! It is a feeling of pure accomplishment.  

via GIPHY

Right as the shock of being at college begins to fade, classes begin.

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

But then the weekends starts, and you remember you’re at college beginning the “best years of your life.”  

via GIPHY

Contact buzz writer Lucy Nalen at Lucy.nalen@richmond.edu.