Indie pop band MisterWives will perform at the Homecoming concert on Oct. 14, the university announced during the football game Saturday.

Tickets for the concert went on sale immediately after the announcement, links to which are posted on social media. DJ Bandcamp will return as the show's opening act, Spiderboard announced on Thursday.

MisterWives, a New York based indie pop band, has opened for artists like Twenty One Pilots and American Authors and will tour with Panic at the Disco! next year, along with the band Saint Motel.

The band’s bassist, William Hehir, graduated from Richmond in 2010.

The band plays a different genre from previous Homecoming artists like Chiddy Bang, a hip-hop artist, and Sammy Adams, a rapper.

Misterwives is known for their songs “Reflection” and “Our Own House,” which both have over one million views on Youtube. The band has performed for other colleges this past year like Dartmouth College and Boston College.

Spiderboard, Richmond College Student Government Association and Westhampton College Student Government Association are planning the Homecoming concert as in past years, Jodie Thompson, Spiderboard president, said. It will be held on Oct. 14 at E. Claiborne Robins Stadium and will feature a small tailgate before the concert, according to minutes posted by RCSGA.

The Homecoming Committed planned the to announce the Homecoming artist during Family Weekend, but pushed the reveal to Oct. 1.

Contact news writer Kay Dervishi at kay.dervishi@richmond.edu

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Collegian.