It’s almost Halloween, and you know what that means… pumpkins! From pumpkin carving to pumpkin pies to pumpkin-spice lattes, Richmond students seem to be obsessed with all things pumpkin.

If you don't have pumpkins yet and want the full pumpkin experience, instead of simply going to buy them at Martins, stop by Lloyd Family Farms!

Lloyd Family Farms is located past the Short Pump area and offers numerous fall activities. It has a large pumpkin patch, hay rides, a petting zoo and even a corn maze.

After you have your pumpkins, you can decorate them in a variety of ways. Carving your pumpkin is the classic way but the past few years I’ve been painting my pumpkins, which takes less effort and can look really neat.

Here are some ideas for pumpkin-decorating inspiration:

1. The chalkboard pumpkin

Photo from BuzzFeed

Paint your pumpkin with chalkboard paint and write on it with chalk! This is nice because you can change the your pumpkin's message.

2. The disco ball pumpkin

Photo from Wikihow.

Cut your pumpkin and hollow it out like you would normally do. Next, use a pumpkin carving kit to punch out round circles in the pumpkin and add a candle or light on the inside that will shine through the small holes.

3. The monogram pumpkin

Photo from unoriginalmom.com

Paint your pumpkin whatever color you desire and then use a different color of paint to draw your monogram on it. A simple, yet cute way to decorate.

Already decorating your pumpkin? Share your photos with us!

Contact buzz editor Lauren Gill at lauren.gill@richmond.edu.

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Collegian.