Police Report: Jan. 27 - Feb. 12

<p>The Special Programs Building houses transportation services,&nbsp;the student health center, university police department and the School of Professional and Continuing Studies.&nbsp;</p>

The Special Programs Building houses transportation services, the student health center, university police department and the School of Professional and Continuing Studies. 

Theft from building

According to assistant chief of police Beth Simonds, several items of clothing were reported missing from the basement level of the Robins Center on Feb. 1. The incident occurred between the evening of Jan. 27 and the evening of Jan. 28. The case is still under investigation.

Vandalism

A report of destruction/damage/vandalism of a vending machine was reported in Gray Court on Jan. 27. The glass on the front of a vending machine was broken. The time of the incident is unknown and the case is open.

Hit and run

The driver's side door of a car was hit in B6 Lot between 6 p.m. and 10:50 a.m. on Jan. 29.

Credit card fraud/Automatic teller machine fraud

Simonds says a student used another student’s university ID card in the Heilman Dining Hall at both 7:31 p.m. and 7:39 p.m. on Feb. 3. University police became aware of the incident after the student who owns the ID card reported it missing, and One Card services employees noticed the extra charges on it. According to Simonds, the case remains open.

Liquor law violations

Simonds says a Wood Hall resident was transported to the hospital for an alcohol-related illness on the morning of Feb. 3. The student also received a conduct referral on the basis of underage consumption of alcohol. The incident occurred shortly after 2 a.m.

A Lora Robins Court resident was arrested for underage possession of alcohol by consumption on the morning of Feb. 11. According to Simonds, the student was released on summons and now is required to appear in court. The incident was reported as an alcohol-related illness shortly after 1 a.m., and the student was transported to the hospital.

Burglary/Breaking and entering

According to Simonds, a wooden desk chair was reported missing from an unlocked room in Wood Hall. The chair was taken between 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Feb. 5, and the incident was reported on the afternoon of Feb. 9. The case remains under investigation.

Not all police reports are published, and available information can be found at URPD’s crime log. All information used in this report came from either the URPD police log or Assistant Chief of Police Beth Simonds.

Contact reporter Lucy Nalen at lucy.nalen@richmond.edu and reporter Savannah Wilson at savannah.wilson@richmond.edu