UR 2017 Homecoming concert to feature All American Rejects

<p>SpiderBoard members (from left)&nbsp;Sophie Kieftenbeld, Stephanie Ellicott&nbsp;and&nbsp;Alex Stapleton present the homecoming concert headliner: The All American Rejects.</p>

SpiderBoard members (from left) Sophie Kieftenbeld, Stephanie Ellicott and Alex Stapleton present the homecoming concert headliner: The All American Rejects.

Two weeks before the highly anticipated homecoming weekend, SpiderBoard, RCSGA, WCGA and the Center for Student Involvement presented The All American Rejects as the fourth annual concert performance.

The event page, where tickets are available for purchase, announced that the concert will be held on Friday, Oct. 20, 2017 at 8 p.m. in the Robins Center.

Homecoming 2017 differs from past years because of its partnership with The National, a historic theater concert venue located locally in Richmond, VA.

"We contacted their [All American Rejects] band manager, Bowery Presents, located in New York City, and through them were able to form a partnership with The National," Stapleton said. "It took a lot of hard work."

General admission tickets for the public are available to purchase for $40, and advanced student tickets are $20 for the first week of sales, until they increase to $30 up until the day of the show.

"Tickets can also be bought at the door, although it is on a first come, first serve basis, so if you want floor seating you have to get there early" SpiderBoard President Alex Stapleton said.

Contact news writer Eloise Dimase-Nordling at eloise.dimasenordling@richmond.edu.