The Spider Sports Recap is a weekly update, covering the latest results of every University of Richmond sports team.

Baseball

April 10: Loss 5-6 vs. Liberty University

Richmond led 5-2 after the second inning, but Liberty rallied late to score four runs off the Spider bullpen.

April 13: Win 6-4 at George Washington

Spiders Tyler Planter, Kyle Schmidt, Daniel Brumbaugh and Vinny Capra all hit doubles in a five-run sixth-inning rally.

April 14: Loss 0-6/Win 5-4 at George Washington

The teams split the doubleheader. In the later game, redshirt senior Robbie Baker pitched a complete game for his fourth win of the season.

Women’s Lacrosse

April 8: Win 14-3 vs. George Washington University

The Spiders dominated George Washington, scoring 10 points in the first period. Junior Marissa Brown led the team with three goals.

April 13: Win 9-8 at Davidson College

Richmond won a tight contest against its conference rival. Junior Katie Sciandra scored four goals, including one with only two minutes left that decisively broke an 8-8 tie.

April 15: Win 18-11 vs. George Mason University

Senior Kim Egizi had six goals, and Sciandra and senior Katie Trainer each had three in a scoring game.

Men’s Lacrosse

April 14: Win 14-12 vs. Jacksonville University

Click here for the full story.

Women’s Tennis

April 13: Win 5-2 at Saint Joseph's University

The team combined to secure the victory by sweeping all three of its doubles matches.

April 14: Win 6-1 vs. UMass

The Spiders defeated the defending Atlantic 10 champions to win their fifth straight game.

Men’s Tennis

April 8: Loss 3-4 vs. George Washington

The teams split the six singles matches, but George Washington won all three matches in doubles to secure the victory.

April 13: Win 7-0 vs. Bridgewater College

Strong play from all of the competitors led to a commanding sweep of Bridgewater.

April 14: Win 7-0 vs. University of Connecticut

For the second consecutive day, the Spiders swept their opponent, with strong performances from seniors Caleb Troy and James Aronson.

April 15: Win 4-3 vs. Villanova University

The Spiders won a close match on senior day, in which they honored Troy and Aronson postgame.

Men’s Golf

April 13-14 Stitch Intercollegiate, Cary, North Carolina

The team finished 11th overall in the tournament. Senior Matthew Lowe shot +6 and finished 44th overall.

Contact sports editor Andrew Wilson at andrew.wilson@richmond.edu. 

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Collegian.