The sun is shining and flowers are blooming all around campus, and that means spring is upon us. It also means it is time for one of the most anticipated events of the year: Pig Roast. Pig Roast has become a long-standing tradition at University of Richmond and is the perfect opportunity for everyone to dress up, socialize and celebrate the school year coming to a close.

Students take Pig Roast extremely seriously and, rain or shine, they will be dressed to the nines to celebrate the occasion. Everyone’s inner prep comes out on this day so here is your guide to Pig Roast fashion.

Women:

Jessica Dugan | The Collegian

A women's guide to Pig Roast fashion.

Most girls opt for colorful or patterned dresses. Lilly Pulitzer is a favorite since its bold prints stand out among most others. If the weather permits, sandals are likely to be the cutest and comfiest option. Accessorize your look with some fun jewelry, like beaded bracelets or a pair of quirky studs and of course, your favorite pair of sunglasses.

Men:

Jessica Dugan | The Collegian

A men's guide to Pig Roast fashion.

For the men, it is as easy as putting together a pair of pastel shorts or pants and a button down. However, you can tailor your look to your personality by adding a bow tie. Stay classic with the American flag or show your fun side with a fun alligator print – you really can’t go wrong. Finish off your look with a classic pair of flip flops or Sperry’s.

Contact Buzz writer Jessica Dugan at jessica.dugan@richmond.edu

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Collegian.