Football player displays "It ends now" shirt during pregame warmups

<p>Jacob Roberson, a sophomore, warmed up for today's football game with&nbsp;an "It ends now" t-shirt tucked into the back of his pant.&nbsp;</p>

Jacob Roberson, a sophomore, warmed up for today's football game with an "It ends now" t-shirt tucked into the back of his pant. 

Sophomore Jacob Roberson, a University of Richmond football player, tucked a blue "It ends now" shirt into the back of his pants as he warmed up for the first home football game at Robins Stadium on Saturday. 

Without saying a word, Roberson held the shirt up for a moment before returning to the locker room. 

At yesterday's student dialogue on sexual assault, "It ends now pt. 2," Roberson promised his fellow students that he would display the shirt during pregame warmups as a sign of solidarity with their cause. 

His demonstration comes during one of the most tumultuous weeks in the school's recent history. Two Westhampton College students, Cecilia Carreras and Whitney Ralston, have published accounts detailing what they interpreted as the school's mishandling of their sexual assault cases. The administration responded to Carreras with a mass email calling her assertions "inaccurate." 

President Ronald Crutcher and Westhampton Dean Mia Reinoso Genoni have since sent emails (here and here) to students apologizing for the pain the email caused the community. 

Follow The Collegian's sports Twitter page for updates throughout today's football game between Richmond and Norfolk State, which kicks off at 6:00 p.m.

Contact reporter Liv Healy at olivia.healy@richmond.edu or editor-in-chief Charlie Broaddus at charlie.broaddus@richmond.edu