Second University of Richmond student publishes account detailing her Title IX case

<p>Whitney Ralston speaks at last year's Take Back the Night event.&nbsp;</p>

Whitney Ralston speaks at last year's Take Back the Night event. 

Another University of Richmond student took to the Huffington Post contributor network Friday to publish her account of how the school's administration mishandled her sexual assault case. 

Whitney Ralston, WC '18, detailed a Title IX investigation that "never made it to a hearing," according to the piece. "I was told that my assailant’s admittance of guilt to one count of violence waved my right to an appeal," Ralston wrote.

Ralston also wrote that a dean told her that because the accused said that she had PTSD, the dean said she was “an unreliable witness” and her “memory couldn’t be trusted.”

Ralston did not respond to a request for comment. The Collegian also contacted University Communications for comment. 

Ralston's piece, titled "The Other Girl," comes three days after Cecilia Carreras published her own account on the same platform. The university, which is under federal Title IX investigation by the Department of Education, responded to Carreras' first piece with an email to students calling her assertions "inaccurate." 

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Contact editor-in-chief Charlie Broaddus at charlie.broaddus@richmond.edu and managing editor Lindsay Schneider at lindsay.schneider@richmond.edu

To submit an anonymous tip, click here