Monday, April 29, 2024

D-Hall weekend breakfast at 8 a.m.

Tired of waiting till 10:30 a.m. for your breakfast on Saturday morning? Dining services will be serving continental breakfast in Heilman Dining Center at 8 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday morning after Fall Break.

Ana Narla said at the Westhampton College Government Association meeting that Dee Hardy of Dining Services would announce the initiative soon. The program will answer student complaints about limited dining options during the weekend.

Carter Quinley said preparations for the eighth annual "Real World" event were coming together. She is contacting alumni who graduated during the last 10 years to come and discuss their post-Richmond working life.

"It is a great opportunity for networking," Quinley said.

Richmond College Student Government Association president Matt Whitaker reported to WCGA that RCSGA was investigating ways to increase student government involvement in key committees such as the Board of Trustees. Paige Wigginton said her vision for WCGA was to move away from an emphasis on programming and become more involved in the decision-making process at the university.

Juliette Landphair, dean of Westhampton College, said she supported student government involvement on the Board of Trustees, but the president's office would make the final decision.

WCGA president Generra Peck swore in several new senators. The senators promised to uphold the WCGA Constitution and the bylaws therein and to abide by Westhampton's traditions and ideals.

Landphair told the new senators they embodied 93 years of Westhampton College tradition. Landphair said that WCGA members were held to a high standard of behavior and that they represented the body wherever they go.

"You represent WCGA at the lodges and in your Facebook photos," Landphair said.

Lindsay Petty said the Honor Council had eight cases pending. Meredith Hull of the Judicial Council said it had one case pending and that it would be tried on Saturday.

Students who attended the Spiders' game against the University of Maine of Saturday could bring their ticket stub to the bookstore and would receive a 25 percent discount on merchandise because the Spiders scored more than 25 points, a senator said.

Contact staff writer David Larter at david.larter@richmond.edu