• Chad Ochocinco has promised fans that he has a surprise brewing via Twitter for the season opener on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns. ... The problem with that is, Ochocinco has to limit his big mouth to only 140 characters. That's like a clown with a red nose and no makeup; it just can't be that entertaining.
• Four young men were arrested Tuesday night for stealing a monument to Cal Ripken Jr. outside of Baltimore's Camden Yards. ... Apparently the men thought that sitting through 12 consecutive losing seasons by the Orioles entitled them to some compensation.
• Allen Iverson confirmed Wednesday that he will continue his NBA career with the Memphis Grizzlies. ... Coincidentally, Iverson has been irrelevant for just as long as Memphis.
• LaGarrett Blount, the Oregon running back who punched a Boise State player in the face following the Ducks' 19-8 loss last Friday, has been suspended for the remainder of his senior season. ... Talk about a lame duck.
• On Tuesday night, police arrested a fan who rushed onto the court at the U.S. Open and kissed Spanish tennis star Rafael Nadal. ... Obviously the fan has never seen Nadal's girlfriend, Maria Francisca Perello, or he would have known that Nadal is already doing pretty well for himself.
Contact staff writer Reilly Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support independent student media
You can make a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button below, which takes you to our secure PayPal account. The page is set up to receive contributions in whatever amount you designate. We look forward to using the money we raise to further our mission of providing honest and accurate information to students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the general public.Donate Now