Health center to give H1N1 vaccine to full-time students

The University of Richmond Student Health Center will conduct a vaccination clinic at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 10 in the Gottwald Science Center atrium.

The clinic will remain open until the current supply of vaccine has been distributed, health center officials wrote in a campus-wide e-mail. The vaccine will be available to all full-time undergraduate students, full-time law students and full-time graduate students only. Part-time students, School of Continuing Studies students, faculty, and staff are not eligible for this clinic.

Health center officials expect to receive more vaccines, but do not know when they will arrive. When additional supplies become available, the health center will hold additional clinics on campus that will be open to students.

Those who are not eligible for Tuesday's vaccine can locate a provider of the vaccine by accessing the Virginia Department of Health Web site.

Richmond received a small shipment of the H1N1 vaccine last week, and high-risk students were able to get vaccinated in two clinics Nov. 5 and 6.

Steve Bisese, vice president of student development, and Brian Eckert, director of media relations at Richmond, were not immediately available for comment.

Contact staff writer Nick Mider at nick.mider@richmond.edu