Letter: Pending health care panel

Should health care be universal? What about a public option? Will the quality of health care diminish?

These are just some of the questions that will be discussed by a distinguished panel of medical professionals Nov. 13, with Q&A following.

The panelists will be Dr. Donald R. Stern, Richmond area health director; Dr. Michael Murchie, assistant medical director of CrossOver Clinic in Richmond; and Dr. Terrill Wade, a retired family physician and board member of the Richmond Center for Christian Study.

The event is sponsored by the Richmond Center for Christian Study, a newly formed non-profit ministry whose purpose is to bring gospel transformation to the greater Richmond community (especially its churches and university communities, centered at the University of Richmond) by fostering serious consideration and discussion of a biblical worldview, and how that worldview speaks to every area of life and culture.

How does a biblical worldview bear on the current national debate? Our panelists will address this question, though there will certainly be some variation of views, while presenting the medical and sociological data that should bring some clarity to the various issues surrounding the current national discussion. There will also be a long amount of time for attendees to ask panelists their questions.

This event will be held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m on Friday, Nov. 13, at New Hope Lutheran Church on 14851 Hull Street Road in Chesterfield, near the Regal Commonwealth 20 movie theater. Registration is $10 in advance and $15 at the door per person, or $15 in advance and $20 at the door per couple. Childcare is also provided. Further details and registration information are on richmondstudycenter.org, the study center's Web site.

The Richmond Center for Christian Study seeks to build relationships with students, faculty and various university communities and to be a resource that demonstrates that a biblical worldview is reliable and relevant to every area of life and culture.

This spring we will be offering a worldview and apologetics course for those who want to be better grounded in their faith, and for those wondering how to navigate through the cacophony of competing worldviews in the first place. We will also offer internships for students who seek to grow more spiritually through a deeper understanding of worldview, apologetics, culture and theology.

To learn more about the Richmond Center for Christian Study, visit its site.