Baseball players convicted on lesser charges

Two of the University of Richmond baseball players and one other student involved in the Spring Break thefts in Gray Court were convicted today of lesser charges, according the the Richmond Times Dispatch.

Andrew Lowry, Jacobs Mayers, both baseball players, and Christopher Sullivan, another student, all plead no contest to one count each of petty larceny and trespassing. The charges were reduced from felony grand larceny, so the players were not convicted on those initial felony charges.

All three defendants were found guilty and sentenced to 12 months in jail, but Judge Phillip Harrison suspended the sentences for all three. They will also each have to pay $623.75 in restitution charges.

The fourth player involved, Blake Geiger, had his hearing continued until June 18.

The students were arrested following thefts in Gray Court that valued more than $1,000 in total. Items stolen include X-Box's and other valuable electronics.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Contact staff writer Reilly Moore at reilly.moore@richmond.edu.