Friday, September 20, 2024

Spider of the Week: Timmy Albright

Q: How did you score your goal against Longwood? Walk me through the play, and tell me what you were thinking.

A: The ball went over my head [on the corner kick], so I continued my run across the face of the goal, hoping to maybe get a knockdown or something. Jon Stephenson won the header on the back post and happened to hit me in stride as I ran across the six-yard box and I headed it into the corner. It all happened really fast but I guess I was just in the right place at the right time.

Q: What are your goals for the rest of the season, both individually and for the team?

A: My personal goals for the rest of the year are to score at least two more goals. For the team, my goal is that we qualify for the A-10 tournament and make a run deep in the tournament.

Q: How difficult has it been for you to adjust to the college game? What have been the biggest differences from your high school and club days?

A: I really struggled with adjusting to it at first and wasn't playing with any confidence, but the upperclassmen kept encouraging us freshmen and I think over the past couple weeks, I've finally adjusted to the college game and am really enjoying playing at this level.