Ring Dance Damages Kept to a Minimum

This year despite the wrong date on all of the tickets, Ring Dance seemed to go off with out a major hitch and with less damages than previous years.

Taylor Michals a participating junior, said, "I've been every year since freshman year, I was an usher, and from what I could tell this year seemed to have the least damage. Freshman year was just ridiculous."

The Jefferson's general manager, Joe Longo said, "We look forward to it, it is an outstanding group, a few things always happen - it always does, but it really is a non-issue it is more about the event."

As of last week, only one damage charge had been released. Michals said, "We got charged for $400 worth of extra charges for damages. The bedding on both nights had red wine spilled on it and the carpet from Friday night." Michals said that the sheets in her room were ruined both nights.

This was a big change from pervious years when damages occurred throughout the hotel.

The Associate Dean For Programming and Leadership Development Kerry Albright Fankhauser, who organized the entire event with the junior Westhampton College Cabinet, could not be reached for comment.

Junior Class President, Erin Lane said, "I think since last year was the first year freshman and sophomores couldn't crash they're actually accepting that you can't crash and so there were fewer damages. Damage is usually caused by underclassman, they don't understand the tradition as well as juniors and seniors."

Hilary Szpara, a senior, said, "I think it was a success, everyone I talked to had a great time, I had a great time, it was fun."

Lane said, "I've been to ring dance the past three years and from what I saw this year seemed to be in a lot more control."

Longo said, "First of all we think ring dance is an outstanding event that has been held at the hotel for years we are honored to be apart of it."

Contact reporter Amanda Minnitte at amanda.minnitte@richmond.edu.