Cedrick Lindsay, leading scorer, out for the season

Senior guard Cedrick Lindsay will miss the remainder of Richmond's season because of a torn meniscus in both knees, according to Richmond Athletics.

Lindsay leads Richmond and is third in the Atlantic 10 in scoring with 18.3 points per game. He also leads the Spiders in assists per game and steals per game.

Lindsay appeared to have suffered the injury late in the Virginia Commonwealth University game on Saturday. When asked if he suffered an injury, Lindsay was not sure how to answer the question, he said.

"This is something I have to deal with later, so we'll just see how it goes," Lindsay said.

Some of Lindsay's highlights this season include his 29-point performance in a loss against University of North Carolina, and near double-doubles in consecutive wins over Air Force and James Madison University.

The news of this loss comes just a day after senior forward Derrick Williams left the team for personal reasons. Lindsay and Williams were the only two seniors on the team.

Lindsay's average of 34.6 minutes per game is more than six minutes more than anyone else on the roster. His absence leaves Richmond head coach Chris Mooney with two options for his starting lineup: Go with a big man such as Deion Taylor opposite Kendall Anthony at the guard position or rely on one of freshman guard ShawnDre Jones, who averages seven minutes per game, or junior Wayne Sparrow, who has seen his minutes decrease during the season.

Anthony, the reigning A-10 player of the week, has been hot recently, but the weight on his shoulders increases greatly with the loss of Lindsay.

Richmond will look to snap a two-game losing streak against Saint Bonaventure tonight at 7 p.m. at the Robins Center.

Contact staff writer Jack Nicholson at jack.nicholson@richmond.edu

Follow him on Twitter at @Jack_Nicholson