Men's basketball's Sparrow and Singleton will transfer

University of Richmond guards Wayne Sparrow and Tim Singleton will transfer schools, according to Richmond Athletics. Their destinations are not known.

Sparrow tweeted at 3:45 p.m. that the news was "legit" and he would "always be a Spider at heart."

Richmond head coach Chris Mooney confirmed the news in a press release.

"I have talked with both Wayne and Tim and we have agreed it is in their best interests to explore other options with their remaining eligibility," Mooney said. "We are proud that Wayne will graduate in May and we wish both Wayne and Tim success in their future endeavors."

Sparrow, junior and guard, averaged 3.2 points and 2.2 rebounds in 18.7 minutes per game last season. He started 21 games.

The loss of Sparrow means Kendall Anthony and ShawnDre' Jones will be the only returning guards who saw meaningful playing time last season. Additionally, Anthony is the only rising senior who saw significant playing time.

Singleton, a 6-foot-2-inch freshman from Dallas, Texas, played in only three games, and did not see action in conference play. He averaged 18 points, five rebounds and five assists in his senior season of high school.

Neither Sparrow nor Singleton responded to emails from The Collegian.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Contact staff writer Jack Nicholson at jack.nicholson@richmond.edu

Follow him on twitter at @Jack_Nicholson