Lannon banned from Mellow Mushroom

The owner of the Mellow Mushroom on Cary Street banned Eric Lannon from the restaurant because he had entered the pizzeria after the kitchen had closed last Thursday and offered to buy slices of pizza from patrons, according to an article posted yesterday afternoon on CBS 6 WTVR’s website.

This is not the first time Lannon’s behavior has drawn the ire of the Richmond community. A URPD crime alert from Feb. 5, 2014 warned students and faculty that Lannon had been seen on campus and had “a history of theft and swindling.”

Shortly after students received the alert from campus police, The Collegian published accounts from students who said Lannon had deceived them into offering him a place to stay by claiming he was staying with his sister and had not been able to get in touch with her.

Mellow Mushroom bartender Ty Wells said Lannon had been “clearly intoxicated” when he arrived at the restaurant around 11:30 p.m., and police escorted him out after he failed to score a slice, according to the WTVR article.

Lannon returned to Mellow Mushroom the next morning to confront the owner, Scott Douglas, who decided to ban Lannon after reading about him online, according to WTVR.

A Google search for “Eric Lannon” turned up a link to a blog on www.tigerdroppings.com, a Louisiana State University message board, where posters wrote that they had been conned by Lannon in other Southeastern cities, including Charleston, South Carolina and Raleigh, North Carolina.

WhitePages.com lists an Eric Lannon with a residential address in Henrico county.

Contact Copy Assistant Jesse Siebentritt at jesse.siebentritt@richmond.edu