Rapid recap: Richmond football beats Morgan State

The Spiders dominated all phases of the game in their 46-24 win over the Morgan State Bears on Saturday. Richmond earned 463 yards of offense and scored a playoff school record of 46 points. The Bears were periodically explosive on offense, but Richmond's defense neutralized the rushing attack for the most part. The Spiders forced four turnovers and committed just two, an uncharacteristically positive statistic for the team. 

Richmond's offense was effective on the ground and through the air, and had multiple standout players. Michael Strauss was outstanding again, throwing for 272 yards, four touchdowns and one interception. Seth Fisher ran for 47 yards and two touchdowns, and added a touchdown grab to bring his total to three. Reggie Diggs was Strauss' primary receiver, hauling in eight passes for 132 yards and two touchdowns. The offense was multi-faceted and balanced, which was reminiscent of the performance last week against William & Mary.

The Spider defense was as stout as it's been in weeks. The team allowed 460 yards and 24 points, but caught three interceptions and recovered one fumble. The turnovers were particularly important, because they set the offense up to score 25 points. Evan Kelly was particularly dominant, as he had a sack, forced fumble and fumble recovery all in one play. He also tipped a pass that was intercepted by teammate Eric Wright. Tafon Mainsah and Justin Grant each had an interception as well. 

The Spiders will travel to Coastal Carolina next Saturday to take on the 11-1 Chanticleers.