Live blog: Richmond vs. Pepperdine

T.J Cline is awarded the game's MVP in a brief mid court presentation. 

10.7 Allen misses his first but makes his second. Pepperdine miss their layup and the clock hits zero as both teams fight for the ball. Richmond hangs on for the close win! 

12.1 Spiders elect to foul Jeremy Majors. Anthony picks up his fourth foul. Both free throws are good and Richmond leads by one point. 64-63. Pepperdine fouls Allen who goes to the line for two shots. 

15.2 Spiders lose the ball on the inbound. Davis hands the ball off to Cline too closely and it rolls out of bounds. Now Pepperdine calls their last timeout with a chance for three to tie the game. 64-61 Richmond.  

16.9 Spider ball with 5 on the shot clock. Coach Mooney calls for a timeout and the Spiders need a score to keep this game from a possible overtime. 

46.9: Game will come down to the wire. Alonzo Nelson  Ododa commits a questionable foul and the Wave hit their free throw to bring the score to 64-61.

2:50- Right on cue. Kendall Anthony for three! Pepperdine calls a timeout as the crowd begins to wake up for Richmond. 60-54 lead for Richmond. 

Spiders are surviving an off night by Kendall Anthony, who has only 4 points, with 11 points for Davis, 13 from Cline and 9 from Taylor. With just under 4 minutes left in the game there is still a chance for either team to make a quick run and put this game out of range. 

7:23 Deion Taylor is having a strong game but goes 1-5 in his last free throw attempts. Spiders missing many scorned opportunities but are still forcing turnovers with their stingy defense. Stacy Davis of Pepperdine with an easy thee pointer to bring the score to 54-52 in favor if Richmond. 

Trey Davis with a steal and a huge dunk causing the fans in the Garden to get to their feet. Spiders' defense then forces a traveling violation and the Spider fans can be heard throughout the arena. Spiders with a 45-42 lead.

12:25- Good ball movement by the Spiders leads to a three pointer by Cline. On the defensive end Cline picks up a tough rebound and leads the Spiders back down the court. Pepperdine still hanging up there. 43-42

19:46- Deion Taylor forces a turnover and then battles for the ball. Follows it up with a layup and brings the Spiders lead to three points. 35-32

:30 Shawndre Jones with a three pointer to being the Spiders within one then runs the length of the court for a layup just before the end of the half. Spiders go into halftime with a one point lead. 33-32

Jeremy Major of Pepperdine is leading all scorers with 10 points while Cline and Allen pace the spiders with 7 points each. Both teams trading the lead back and forth. Pepperdine leads 30-27 with a minute and a half remaining in the half. 

5:32- Spiders lead by one as Kendall Anthony makes what looks to be an impossible move through two defenders under the basket. 21-20 Spider lead. 

11:10- Cline finds Allen wide-open under the basket for an easy two points. Both teams unable to create scoring opportunities a but the Spiders still lead 17-10. Video board shows a large group of Spiders supporters who can be heard with every possession. 

15:33- Spiders playing strong defense breaking up multiple passes and running the Waves' shot clock down to a second on consecutive possessions. Allen with 5 points. Spiders lead 9-4. 

18:45- T.J Cline breaks up a pass that is recovered by Terry Allen who runs the length of the court and hits a closet defended layup. Spiders on the board first. 

Hello everyone, my name is Gabriel Obregon and i will be covering tonight's game between the Richmond Spiders and the Pepperdine Waves at , "The World's Most Famous Arena," Madison Square Garden! Richmond looks to improve to 3-0 in Gotham Classic games with a win here tonight. "Go Spiders" cheers can be heard as there seems to be some alumni presence in the building.