Live blog: Richmond vs. William & Mary

0.0 -- Prewitt's desperation heave comes close, but misses allowing Richmond to escape with a narrow victory.

4.3 -- Davis misses both free throws and Prewitt brings down the rebound.

4.3 -- Prewitt misses his first attempt and Trey Davis secures the defensive rebound.  He is almost immediately fouled and will shoot two free throws.

5.6 -- Prewitt takes it to the hoop and draws a  foul.  He'll shoot a one-and-one with the Tribe down one point.  The Richmond crowd is on its feet and screaming.

40.7 -- Kendall Anthony kills a few seconds before Richmond calls a timeout with the ball leading 68-67.

55.1 -- Omar Prewitt shakes off the deafening Richmond crowd and hits a finesse, running layup from the right block to cut the Richmond lead to one point.

1:13 -- Richmond and William & Mary trade misses.  The Tribe calls a timeout trailing by three with a chance to tie the game on the upcoming possession.

2:12 -- Terry Allen takes it strong to the hoop and gets fouled.  He hits one of two free throws, giving him 18 points for the game and Richmond a three point lead.

2:23 -- Cline loses the ball out of bounds, but William & Mary gives it right back after an illegal screen.

3:05 -- A carry is called on Marcus Thornton allowing Richmond to take over.  TJ Cline gets trapped in the corner on the ensuing possession and the Spiders burn a timeout to bail him out.  They still lead 67-65.

3:28 -- Yet another Tribe foul away from the basket sends Alonzo Nelson-Ododa to the line for two, but he misses both free throws.

3:40 -- Sheldon connects on both foul shots to cut the Richmond advantage to two points.

At the last media timeout, both teams talk things over as William & Mary's Sean Sheldongets ready to go to the free throw line.  Thornton has 37 points for the Tribe while Anthony and Allen have 18 points and 17 points respectively for the Spiders.

4:01-- TJ Cline misses his second foul shot after making the first, but Terry Allen grabs the offensive rebound and is immediately fouled.  He makes one of two free throws to give Richmond a 67-63 lead.

4:26 -- Richmond makes a jumper after a badly missed three pointer and Thornton finally misses on a jumper on the other end.

5:18 -- Kendall Anthony finds Deion Taylor cutting baseline for a dunk, but Thornton answers back with yet another three to make it a tie game at 63.  Thornton has 37 and hasn't missed for a long time.

6:22 -- A backcourt foul on Kendall Anthony puts the Tribe in the bonus and sends Daniel Dixon to the free throw line.  He makes two foul shots to cut the lead to 61-60.

With about six and a half minutes to play in regulation, it's still a tight game as Richmond maintains its lead but cannot pull away from Marcus Thornton and the William & Mary Tribe.

7:16 -- Ododa-Nelson hits the floor on two offensive rebounds in a row to set up a Richmond field goal. The Tribe connects at the other end on a close-range shot to make it 61-58.

8:17 -- A William & Mary miss turns into two points thanks to a tip-in by Terry Tarpey to make it 59-56.

8:40 -- TJ Cline hits a wide-open three-point shot to make it a five-point Spider lead again.  William & Mary calls for time trailing 59-54.

9:14 -- The Tribe's Sean Sheldon scoops up an offensive rebound, makes his layup despite a foul, and completes the three-point play from the line to make it 56-54.

9:38 -- Kendall Anthony makes a tricky off balance jumper to extend the lead to five points.

10:18 -- Terry Allen makes both of his free throws to make it a 54-51 Spider lead.

10:29 -- Thornton connects on yet another three, this one from the corner.  His 34 points have singlehandedly kept William & Mary in the game.  The Tribe still trails 52-51.

11:00 -- Terry Allen posts up and connects on a short-range jumper extending the Richmond lead to four points.

At the under-12-minute timeout, Marcus Thornton has 31 points on an unbelievable 12-14 from the field and 6-8 from three-point range.  Richmond has a two-point lead, but cannot feel good about its ability to stop Thornton down the stretch if the game stays close.

12:03 -- After two made Spider free throws, the Tribe cannot inbound the ball, leading to a five-second violation. Richmond will take over possession leading 50-48.

12:16 -- Richmond scores on a second chance field goal from in close, but Thornton comes down the floor and connects on a shot of his own.  The game is tied at 48 and Thornton has 31 points.

13:27 -- After a fake gets Kendall Anthony in the air, Thornton drills a three pointer to tie the game at 46.

14:05 -- Alonzo Nelson-Ododa skies for a Richmond offensive rebound and is fouled on the way down.  The Spiders are now in the bonus and Nelson-Ododa takes advantage, making both foul shots.  46-43 Spiders lead.

15:22 -- TJ Cline grabs an offensive rebound, gets fouled on his put-back attempt and makes both free throws.  44-43 Richmond.

15:43 -- The Tribe breaks the Richmond press for an easy shot in the paint for Omar Prewitt.  The Tribe leads 43-42 after the field goal.

16:11 -- Daniel Dixon makes a steal and finds Marcus Thornton ahead of the pack for a fast break dunk to cut the Richmond lead to 42-41. Thornton has 26 points.

16:59 -- Deion Taylor misses a chance for a thunderous put-back dunk, but hits both free throws to make it 42-39 Spiders.

17:35 -- The crowd erupts into a chorus of boos after an attempt to take a charge results in a Richmond foul.  William & Mary trails by one after making a jump shot.

17:43 -- Anthony finds Alonzo Nelson-Odoa with a nice pass leading to a foul.  He makes both foul shots.

18:05 -- Thornton makes one of two free throws to cut the Spiders' lead to one point.

18:22 -- A bad pass by Terry Allen gets away from Kendall Anthony for a Richmond backcourt violation.  Coach Mooney looks furious as Allen heads to the bench.

19:16 -- Thornton picks up right where he left off, connecting on a shot from three point territory.  He has 23 points, but Richmond still leads 38-36.

At the half, the story has been the back and forth action between Richmond's Kendall Anthony and William & Mary's Marcus Thornton.  Anthony has 16 points to Thornton's 20, but the Spiders lead  t mainly thanks to 20 points off of William & Mary's turnovers compared to just seven for the Tribe.

0.0 -- Anthony steals William & Mary's inbound pass and lofts a sneaky reverse layup that bounces around the rim, but falls through the net as time expires to give the Spiders a 38-33 lead going into the half.

4.7 -- Anthony gets fouled on a strong move to the basket and sinks both foul shots to give Richmond a 36-33 lead.

16.1 -- Thornton makes a circus shot near the free throw line to cut the Richmond lead to one point. The Spiders can hold for the final shot of the half.

52.7 -- Anthony finds teammate Shawndre' Jones for an open look beyond the arc and he connects, giving Richmond a 34-31 lead.

1:26 -- Richmond's Terry Allen makes a close range shot, gets fouled, and hits his free throw to tie the game at 31.

1:55 -- Marcus Thornton shakes his defender and makes another three pointer.  Richmond needs to make a change to contain him if the hope to win.

2:17 -- Davis hits his free throw and ties the game at 28.

At the last media timeout of the first half, William & Mary's Marcus Thornton has 15 points and Richmond's Kendall Anthony has 12 to lead their teams.

2:17-- After a slick dribble move by Thornton for yet another three, Trey Davis gets fouled on a layup that rolls in.  He'll go to the free throw line for one foul shot with the Spiders trailing 28-27.

3:02 -- The Spiders and Tribe trade another pair of threes and the game is tied at 25.

3:58 -- Thornton hits a three pointer, but Anthony hits one at the other end.  It feels like it's one on one rather than five on five.

5:06 -- Anthony and Thornton trade field goals and the game stays tied at 19.

6:28 -- The Tribe's Marcus Thornton ties it up at 17 with a midrange jumper.

7:01 -- Terry Allen picks up a loose ball in the paint, makes the layup despite a foul, and connects on the free throw to give Richmond a 17-15 advantage.

7:27 -- Richmond forces a William & Mary turnover and Kendall Anthony brings the ball up as Richmond looks to take back the lead.

Just over twelve minutes into the game, Kendall Anthony is Richmond's leading scorer with seven points, having made all three of his attempts from the field.

8:18 -- Good ball movement sets up an open three for Greg Malinoswki.  He makes it to give William & Mary a 15-14 lead.

9:50 -- Kendall Anthony hits a tricky shot, but the Tribe comes back with a three pointer and a made field goal on consecutive possessions to cut the Spiders' lead to 14-12.

11:45 -- At the second media timeout, Richmond's perimeter defense has been stellar, holdng William & Mary without a three pointer in four attempts.

12:24 -- Jones makes up for his air ball, connecting from three point range to extend the lead to 10-6.

13:30 -- Kendall Anthony gives Richmond its first lead of the night on a three pointer that rolled around before finding the bottom of the net. 7-5, Richmond leads.

14:52 -- After an air ball from Josh Jones, the Spiders suffer a shot clock violation and give up possession.

15:40 -- TJ Cline hits a smooth reverse layup to cut William & Mary's lead to 5-4.

16:29 -- Kendall Anthony hits a corner jumper for Richmond's first points of the game.  The Tribe still leads 5-2.

17:50 -- William & Mary makes it 5-0, scoring from inside on two straight possessions.  5-0 Tribe.

19:18 -- The Spiders win the tip, but William & Mary scores the first point of the game on a free throw by Daniel Dixon.  He misses the second, making it 1-0 Tribe.

Hey everyone, I'm Walter Abrams and I'll be providing live updates and analysis during today's game between the Richmond Spiders and the William & Mary Tribe.  We're ten minutes from tipoff here at the Robins Center.  Stay tuned throughout the game!