Police Report: 04/06/15

University of Richmond Police Report: March 30, 2015 – April 5, 2015

Rape

A rape from an unknown date in August, 2011 was reported to the Title IX office on Wed. April 1 at 11:00 a.m.  The rape occurred in South Court and is under Title IX investigation.

Another rape was reported to the Title IX office at 7:07 p.m. on Friday.  The rape occurred at the Westhampton Deanery on March 8 or 9, 2015 and the case remains open.

No timely warnings were sent regarding either of the reported rapes.

Arson

A plastic container filled with toilet paper was set on fire on the road behind freshmen male dorm, Marsh Hall. No student was arrested for the crime, which took place at 1:28 a.m. on Sunday, April 5. The investigation is closed as there were no leads for the crime.

Theft

A pink Sony laptop and tote bag were stolen from Boatwright Memorial Library from a Westhampton College student on Tuesday, March 31. The laptop was left unattended in the library from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. that day and was reported to URPD at 1:18 p.m. that day.

Theft

An exit sign in South Court was reported missing on March 30, 2015 at 8:27 a.m. According to URPD, a student had pulled the sign off of its post but at this time there are no suspects and the investigation is closed.

Liquor Law Violation

Police were called to Robins Hall late Saturday night, April 4, after two Westhampton College students were involved in a loud dispute. One of the women was charged with intoxication and was referred to the Westhampton College dean’s office for underage possession and consumption after the student failed to cooperate with the police.

***

Not all police reports are published, and available information can be found at URPD’s police log. All information used in this report came from either the URPD police log or via direct contact with URPD. Contact News Editor Lindsay Schneider at lindsay.schneider@richmond.edu.