Two days after a heartbreaking, last-minute, 1-0 loss at James Madison University, Richmond soccer lost to Longwood University by the same score on Sunday.

The Spiders find themselves on a four-game losing streak and have been shut out in each of those games, most recently their 1-0 loss Sunday to the Lancers. The only goal of the game came from Amber Gustafson, who netted a shot from about 15 yards out off an assist from Sydney Wallace. The goal came less than a minute after the start of the second half.

Lexi Prillaman and Ashley Riefner each had four shots, and seven of those eight were on goal. Richmond totaled 19 shots (13 on goal) and had several good chances to score throughout the game, but never took advantage. Longwood only managed six shots total and three on goal for the entire game, and lost the corner-kick battle to Richmond 7-2.

Despite outplaying Longwood in nearly every facet of the game, the Spiders still couldn’t win the game.

This frustrating game comes on the heels of a devastating loss with JMU in which Richmond held its opponent scoreless before allowing a goal in the 88th minute.

The Spiders sit at 2-6 following the loss, but they have played better than their record indicates for the most part. Four of the six losses have been by only one goal and the team has played a difficult schedule in the early season, highlighted by No. 23 St. John’s.

The Spiders look to find their offense and break the scoreless streak on Thursday at home against Duquesne in the team’s first conference game of the year.