Thousands of spectators will visit campus Sunday for the Men's Elite Road Race, the premier race of UCI Road World Championships. There are definitely some places that visitors must see while on our amazing campus. From photography to food, University of Richmond has some popular spots that visitors should not miss.
1) The Westhampton Bridge and gazebo- This iconic bridge was just renovated, and makes for a great photo opportunity. With a gorgeous view of the woods, lake and bridge I highly recommend stopping here.
2) Weinstein International Center Fountain- Visit this globe and fountain for another peaceful and instagram-worthy place on campus.
3) The Richmond Hall Fountain- With beautiful flowers and crystal-clear water, this fountain is the epitome of our campus’s beauty.
1) Eight-fifteen- After an early morning, grab some coffee at every student’s favorite place on campus. Eight-fifteen will be open from 7-10 a.m. during the race.
2) Passport café- Definitely visit this dining option with international cuisine while on campus. You can even visit the fountain when you are done eating. Passport is also open from 7-10 a.m. on race day.
3) Heilman Dining Center- To experience our amazing campus food, visit the center of it all at the dining hall! Breakfast will be served from 7-10:30 a.m. and brunch will be served starting at 11:00 a.m.
Enjoy what you're reading?
Signup for our newsletter
No matter where you go on campus during the UCI Road World Championships Men's Elite Road Race, you will be able to see how beautiful it is. But if you have time, I highly recommend stopping at these photo and food spots that students love to visit.
Contact contributor Lauren Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org. All photos include with this story are courtesy of Gill.
Support independent student media
You can make a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button below, which takes you to our secure PayPal account. The page is set up to receive contributions in whatever amount you designate. We look forward to using the money we raise to further our mission of providing honest and accurate information to students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the general public.Donate Now