UR Police Report: January 16 – January 24.

University of Richmond Police Report: January 16 – January 24.

Jonas

Simple Assault

A simple assault was reported from the 1400 block of the University Forest Apartments on Friday Jan. 22 at 10 p.m. According to URPD Captain John Jacobs, a Richmond College student is suspected for the assault with the victim being a Westhampton College student. The case remains open.

Drug/Narcotic Violations

Four individuals were reported with Drug/Narcotic violations and Drug Equipment violations in the 1400 block of the University Forest Apartments on Saturday Jan. 23 at 9:59 a.m. The individuals were all Richmond college students and received conduct referrals for their offenses.

Non-Jonas Related Violations

Arrests

Henrico County Police arrested a Richmond college student on Saturday Jan. 16 at the Robins Center. The student was arrested on three different charges: public drunkenness, possession of a fake i.d. and underage possession of alcohol. The student was arrested only 26 minutes into the cross-town rival game.

Simple Assault

A Richmond college student was assaulted early Sunday morning, Jan. 17. The assault occurred in lot B-6 and resulted in a nose injury for the Richmond college student. The case remains open for investigation.

Destruction of Property

A Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity lodge window pane was reported to be damaged at some point between Saturday Jan. 16 and Tuesday Jan 19. There are currently no suspects for the reported damages.

Theft from Building

Three different exit signs were reported missing from Marsh Hall on Tuesday Jan. 19. Facilities called in the missing signs, which were found at 12:34 p.m., 12:54 p.m. and 12:55 p.m. respectively. The case is currently closed.

Not all police reports are published, and available information can be found at URPD’s police log. All information used in this report came from either the URPD police log or via direct contact with URPD. 

Contact Lindsay Schneider at indsay.schneider@richmond.edu