Police report: Pig Roast edition

Pig Roast: Saturday, April 2, 2016

Arrest

Alum Ryan Verklin, RC '14, was arrested on charges of maliciously shooting or throwing a missile from a vehicle, a Class 4 felony. The incident occurred in the B2 bus turnaround lot.

Liquor Law Violation and Fake ID

Ten conduct referrals were issued over the course of the day for liquor law violations.

A Richmond College student was referred to the dean’s office for underage possession by consumption and possession of fake identification at 1:26 p.m. by the Law Dorm.

Destruction/Damage/Vandalism of Property

An outdoor light fixture in front of the University Forest Apartments was reported damaged at 9:07 p.m. The time of the incident and the offender are still unknown, so the case remains open.

Non-Pig Roast related incidents

A Richmond College student was arrested for destruction of property after spray-painting a penis in the hallway of Robins Hall. The incident occurred at 2:00 a.m. on April 1.

Theft

Someone stole $20 from a wallet in Weinstein Center for Recreation and Wellness before 6 p.m. on March 29. The case remains open.

A student reported a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses as stolen on March 31. The theft is supposed to have occurred in South Court sometime between December 6, 2015 and January 10, 2016. The case is still open.

Liquor Law Violation

Six Richmond College students were referred to the dean’s office for underage possession by consumption on March 29. The incident occurred in a Marsh Hall dorm party at 11:08 p.m.

Not all police reports are published, and available information can be found at URPD’s police log. All information used in this report came from either the URPD police log or via direct contact with URPD.

Contact news writer Kay Dervishi at kay.dervishi@richmond.edu