As a senior at UR, I decided that I definitely needed to check out more of the fun activities in and around the Richmond area. My Richmond bucket list is getting pretty lengthy, so I took advantage of a beautiful day to go apple picking at Carter Mountain Orchard!
If you haven’t been apple picking before, I highly recommend that you go. This orchard is about an hour away from campus (near Charlottesville) and the drive is very pretty. I had never been apple picking, so I really enjoyed this new experience at Carter Mountain.
Here are the top reasons why I recommend taking this day trip:
1. The views from Carter Mountain are gorgeous! You can’t find picturesque scenes like this in Richmond.
2. They have a large variety of apples in the orchards, including red and green choices.
3. WORLD FAMOUS apple cider donuts are sold here! They basically melt in your mouth.
4. Bold Rock Brewery brews and sells its hard cider here (if you’re 21, of course).
5. You’ll get outside and experience something far better than being in the library!
So if you haven’t been to Carter Mountain Orchard yet, you really should go before it gets too cold out! Grab some friends, wear your outdoor boots and drive up to Charlottesville for a fun-filled fall day.
Contact buzz editor Lauren Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org.