It’s almost that time of the year all Richmond students have been anxiously waiting for: fall break! Since the second week of school, many students have been counting down for this five-day break from classes, homework and meetings.
Some students will be going home, others will be going on family vacations and some will be staying in Richmond. If you are one of the students staying in good ol' RVA, here are some activities you can do to relax and stay entertained:
1. James River — Take advantage of the chance to visit the James River before it gets too cold outside. Pack a picnic or bring a good book and spend the day there. The school offers transportation to and from the river at certain times.
Photo by Watson Media
2. Richmond Folk Festival (Oct. 7–9) — Stop by the Richmond Folk Festival (it’s free) in downtown Richmond to celebrate American culture through music, dance, traditional crafts and food. This year there will be new and amazing performers, artists and exhibitors.
Photo by Mobilus In Mobili
3. VMFA — The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is not far from campus and can keep you entertained for hours. It has multiple exhibits, as well as an outdoor sculpture garden. For those of you who are “of-age” they host happy hour every Friday from 5–7 p.m.
Photo by Morgan Riley, VMFA
4. Segway Tour — Have you ever wanted to discover Richmond on a segway? Now is your chance! Segway of Richmond offers several guided tours through different parts of the city. This is a great way to try something new while exploring RVA. Trust me, it isn’t as hard as it looks.
5. Short Pump — Short Pump is always a popular destination. With endless shops and restaurants, you could make a day out of this. The school also offers shuttles to this location, so you don’t even have to worry about a ride.
As you can see, spending Fall Break in RVA allows you to explore our town! There are so many options, and you are bound to find something fun and relaxing to do.
Contact buzz editor Lauren Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org.