Theft from Building

Three exit signs went missing from Dennis Hall sometime between the evening of Friday, Oct. 28 and Saturday, Oct. 29. Assistant Chief of Police Beth Simonds said a student had reported the missing signs during the afternoon of Tuesday, Nov. 1. The theft remains under active investigation.

Liquor Law Violations

Multiple Richmond and Westhampton College students were arrested for liquor-law violations in Gray Court on the evening of Saturday, Nov. 5. Simonds said the arrests had occurred after campus police had responded to an RA’s report of a loud party at 10:15 p.m. The violations occurred at 10:11 p.m. Arrested students included residents of Gray Court and of various other residence halls.

Destruction/Damage/Vandalism of Property

Someone reported vandalism in Marsh Hall on Sunday, Nov. 6. It involved the painting of a door, rug and toilet in the building. The vandalism occurred at an unknown time on Saturday, Nov. 5. 

Another instance involved the tearing down of a bulletin board and was reported at 4:43 p.m. The incident took place sometime on Friday, Nov. 4. Simonds says there are currently no suspects for either of the vandalisms.

Hit and Run

Someone reported a hit and run from Lot W40 at 11:03 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 8. The affected vehicle, a Yamaha motorcycle, had been pushed over, and it sustained damages to its left side, Simonds said. The incident occurred between 8:10 and 9:45 p.m. on Nov. 8. It is still under investigation.

Drug Equipment Violation and Drug/Narcotic Violation

Three Richmond College students and one Westhampton College student received conduct referrals as a result of drug equipment violations and drug/narcotic violations that took place at 12:37 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 13. Simonds said campus police had discovered the violations after somebody had called in to report an unusual smell coming from a dorm room in Wood Hall.

Editor's note: Not all police reports are published, and available information can be found in the police log. All information used in this report came from either the campus police log or via direct contact with campus police. 

Contact reporter Savannah Wilson at savannah.wilson@richmond.edu