Spider Sports Recap: Week of April 15

<p>Sophomore Justin Cook&nbsp;hits during a 3-0&nbsp;loss against Davidson.&nbsp;</p>

Sophomore Justin Cook hits during a 3-0 loss against Davidson. 

The Spider Sports Recap is a weekly update, covering the latest results of every University of Richmond sports team.

Women's Golf

April 21-22: First Place in Patriot League Championship, Annapolis, Maryland

The Spiders won the Patriot League Championship for the third consecutive year, shooting a +79. Junior Sophie DiPetrillo became the first Spider in history to place first in the individual leaderboard. First-year Lizzie Reedy placed sixth overall, junior Annie Collom placed eighth and senior Elsa Diaz and junior Isabella Rusher tied for 16th.

Baseball

April 18: Loss 2-11 vs. Virginia Military Institute

The game began as a pitchers' duel, with the score remaining tied at two after nine innings. VMI scored nine runs in the top of the 10th off the Spider bullpen.

April 20: Loss 6-2 vs. Davidson College

Davidson won the first of a three-game weekend series at Richmond with a four-run fifth inning.

April 21: Loss 3-0 vs. Davidson

Richmond starting pitcher Aaron Winkler, sophomore, struck out 10 through six scoreless innings, but he was out-dueled by Davidson’s Evan Roberts, who threw a complete-game shutout.

April 22: Win 10-6 vs. Davidson

The Spiders won the final game of the series, scoring six runs in the fourth inning.

Women's Tennis

April 18: Loss 4-3 at Virginia Commonwealth University

In their final match before the conference championship tournament, the Spiders narrowly lost to rival VCU.

Men's Tennis

April 20: Win 7-0 vs. Howard University

Led by seniors James Aronson and Caleb Troy, the Spiders swept Howard in the final home game of the year.

April 22: Loss 4-3 at Davidson College

With this loss, the Spiders close the season with a 12-10 record.

Women's Lacrosse

April 20: Loss 17-13 vs. University of Massachusetts 

Junior Katie Sciandra had four goals and junior Aly Fries had three, but that was not enough to counter a strong offensive game from the team's conference rival.

April 22: Win 18-11 vs. La Salle University

Senior Kim Egizi had six goals in a dominant team win for the final home game of the regular season.

Men's Lacrosse

April 21: Win 9-8 at Mercer University

The Spiders held off a late rally from Mercer, with freshman Ryan Lanchbury scoring three goals for the second straight game.

Women's Track

April 20-21: Duke Invitational

In Friday’s 3,000-meter steeplechase, junior Eryn Mills, junior Colleen Carney and sophomore Erika Echternach finished second, sixth and 10th respectively.

Contact sports editor Andrew Wilson at andrew.wilson@richmond.edu.